eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Re: Docklands

Post by eddyt » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Looking forward to the kingy reports

bilby

Post by bilby » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:58 pm

We had our first crack on the weekend. Nothing ... yet.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

works been slow and dad hasnt had weekend work so i havent been able to fish yet but i will soon

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:49 pm

barwonboy wrote:today I headed down to docklands once again. I got to my favourite pier around 6:30 and started fishing. A man next to me pulled up a tiny snapper about 20 centimetres long. The morning was pretty quiet and I had no hookups. Got some nice bites but only managed 6 small yellowfin gobys. Then all of a sudden I heard my rod scraping across against the concrete. I grabbed my rod and I was on. After a nice fight I pulled up a 33 centimetre Aussie salmon. I hit it on the head then bled it. The rest of the day was pretty quiet and I only got small bites, overall a fun days fishing with a decent result. I will be heading out a lot in the upcoming fortnight as it's school holidays, so stay tuned in :super: :water:
Are you talking about the pier on wattle road?

Jtownley

Post by Jtownley » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm

barwonboy wrote:Here are the photos of the fish I've caught at docklands so far
Where abouts did you get em mate and what bate

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Sat May 12, 2018 6:17 pm

after a long time today i decided to head back to docklands again, slept in and ended up getting there around 11:00. brought my mate along as we were throwing plastics and we needed to cover ground. after an hour or so of plastics and getting nothing we decided to bait fish. used good old chicken on a running sinker rig. for around 2 hours there was non stop bites and we ended up pulling up 11 bream. most were very small but a few were around the 28cm mark and pulled some drag. over all a great session :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 12, 2018 6:21 pm

barwonboy wrote:after a long time today i decided to head back to docklands again, slept in and ended up getting there around 11:00. brought my mate along as we were throwing plastics and we needed to cover ground. after an hour or so of plastics and getting nothing we decided to bait fish. used good old chicken on a running sinker rig. for around 2 hours there was non stop bites and we ended up pulling up 11 bream. most were very small but a few were around the 28cm mark and pulled some drag. over all a great session :thumbsup:
Nice mate. Sounds like you guys had fun :thumbsup:

sirsquidalot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by sirsquidalot » Sat May 12, 2018 7:16 pm

barwonboy wrote:after a long time today i decided to head back to docklands again, slept in and ended up getting there around 11:00. brought my mate along as we were throwing plastics and we needed to cover ground. after an hour or so of plastics and getting nothing we decided to bait fish. used good old chicken on a running sinker rig. for around 2 hours there was non stop bites and we ended up pulling up 11 bream. most were very small but a few were around the 28cm mark and pulled some drag. over all a great session :thumbsup:
yeah i gave plastics a shot there today and only got small fellas hitting it. rad you caught a bunch. :thumbsup:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”