Fresh bait - How?

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Fresh bait - How?

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:05 am

Hammy Y wrote:Hey guys,

Just wondering how do you all catch/source fresh bait for fishing in PPB, could be used for anything; Snapper, Gummies or Flatties.

Cheers,
Ham
Ham I catch my pillies from a Springvale shop on the corner of Springvale rd and Mackay street - theres a small fish market inside the shoping centre - a mate has also used there squid which of cause is food grade so is fresh
I like there pillies that much that I set up a freezer in my car to take some to Coffs Harbour a couple of W/Es back to set up on my trolled dead bait rigs if I couldn't find live bait - the reason much on the bait freezer pillies just fall apart being trolled

as it has been mentioned small squid jigs and or baited squid spikes under floats and some practice will keep you in both bait and a feed of squid
squid can be found land based or if you have a boat or kayak you have even more options

Flat head makes the best flathead bait - snapper also don't mind the humble flatty strip ether and the bay is full of them
of cause Salmon - couta and pike are all good baits and come as by catch a lot of the time

it's worth having a vac sealer at home to vac seal your bait and freeze more often than not it will be far better that the bait freezer stock at the tackle shops
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Snapper Fishing”