Heading out

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Heading out

Post by hornet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 pm

bowl wrote:
hornet wrote:I thought all the netters were gone ?
About 8 or so....roughly,acoording to denis barden still at st Leonard's
Is there a time limit left on their license or a cut off date to stop netting completely ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 pm

I too thought netting was going to be all over in PPB. Is there a time frame for it to cease completely??

Joe

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 pm

hornet wrote:
bowl wrote:
hornet wrote:I thought all the netters were gone ?
About 8 or so....roughly,acoording to denis barden still at st Leonard's
Is there a time limit left on their license or a cut off date to stop netting completely ?
I believe netting's meant to be phased out in Corio Bay by 2018 and the rest of Port Phillip by 2022.

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Trumpeter wrote: I believe netting's meant to be phased out in Corio Bay by 2018 and the rest of Port Phillip by 2022.
:a_goodjob: Awesome fishing times are coming :cheers:

Joe

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Commercial licence renewal is around April next year and it is a completely voluntary buyback until 2018 + 2022 when it becomes compulsory

azkay

Post by azkay » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:57 am

Nude up wrote:
azkay wrote:The pinkies at Black Rock have been small as of late, very hit and miss. Was doing a lot better on them about a month ago - 7m depth, both sides of boat ramp, sunset and sunrise was peak times for me. Had a tendency to shut down into the night..

Edit: Stleonards for squid and ting is a good option too imo this weekend.. i got some good photos from a friend a couple of days ago, ill send them to you if interested, you might then be able to shoot off to the PortArlington Channel with some fresh baits straight after, i think thats what i might do Bowl..
Hi azkay have you bought a boat last I met you was on st lenoards pier a few years ago
Hi Nude up,

Just got one this season, was doing okay land based but felt like i needed a new challenge so i thought I'd get myself on the water and see if i like it. Was lucky enough, through a friend to end up with a barely used 5.5m Yalta Craft Open Cab with a 60 Mercury on it. Stripped it back to bone and fitted it out the way i wanted it.. Been out quite regularly all year and its handled everything the Bay (& i) have thrown at it.. I can't believe i waited so long tbh..

I've been following your outings for the big boys (Marlin, Kingfish, Tuna) through here, that's the ultimate aim now. Once i'm confident and experienced enough with this boat i can already see myself investing in something that will get me offshore..

Look forward to catching up again soon, i always keep an eye out for your Haines at the ramps :)

Cheers,
Az.
Az.

Return to “Snapper Fishing”