Something different

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Something different

Post by JS270 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 am

Must say that it's good to get out and do something different for a change , so what did I do well went fishing of course . The difference this this time though was it was in the boat with the younger brother Shane. Kick off time was around 3.30 launching his boat from Mornington and heading out to a mark off Anestt . We sounded around for a bit and once we picked up a few on the sounder sent the anchor down. Must say that I like his electrical anchor winch , much easier than the manual hauling in we had to do with his older boat :D
( Heading out to the marks)

The fishing was done with simple twin hook rigs and running a variety of baits being Pilchard, Calimari and small silver whiting. Initially we we having a problem with wind against tide but that only lasted a half hour and our plan was to fish the tide change for the incoming tide. The action started just on day break and it was me with a fish smashing the bait but unfortunately not hooking up. This was then rectified with both Shane and I taking a fish at the same time.

It was great seeing Shane smiling like the proverbial Chesseir cat and as his tally moved up to the bag limit of three fish over 50 cm.

We ended the session with a combined limit of 6 fish and decided it best to head in and clean the catch and sort the boat as he was planning on heading out again on the Sunday with Sarah's grandfather and my good mate Greg. Good news is that they also got into a number of big fish and also some variety with a few good Flathead in the mix as well.

All in all a great way to spend a morning with he brother, though trying to do pendulum cast in the little boat was a problem :mrgreen:
One of the smaller ones that I took

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Something different

Post by Lightningx » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:36 am

Top report mate! Nice bag of reds :thumbsup:

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Something different

Post by spudtrans » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:53 am