Snapper Landbased

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
ilovekfc

Snapper Landbased

Post by ilovekfc » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:55 am

Hello all,

My very first post!! and now asking for advise.

Relatively new to fishing and been trying to catch my first snapper. Only do landbased and have been to a few piers - Sandringham, Mordialloc, Brighton and Queenscliff and got donuts. Got to feed myself with KFC after the devastation week by week.

Question is whether there is any need to burley off the pier and rocks for snapper fishing (or even other fishes). Burley buckets to be used or throwing chunks of baits and where to place the burley if it works? Also, is using soft plastics worth it off the pier ad rocks?

Cheers.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Snapper Landbased

Post by Mattblack » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:11 am

Hey there...welcome.
I'm sure the other punters on the pier would love it if you got some berley going... but by going from all the reports on here there should be plenty of baits in the water as it is. If there is no one else about, I'd be throwing out a trail for sure.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Snapper Landbased

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 am

They say if ya can attract the bait fish,gars,salmon,the big fish are not far behind...down Geelong I burly for trev,gars ect n havr two big rods out for snapper,third with a float n fourth rod with pea size sinker n small hook n bait straight over pier.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Snapper Fishing”