Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 92 times
Likes received: 155 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Image
williwonder wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:33 pm
You are lucky as tomorrow is the best weather to catch a red. good luck
Been blowing all day onshore from Sandy to port melb today,white caps everywhere .
Should be great conditions for red hunting and salmon.



Remove these ads.

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Likes received: 490 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by Lightningx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Tonight is looking pretty good. Drove past and saw the white tops. Very nice southerly blowing with an evening high tide :tu:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Likes received: 31 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by dazz999 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm

bowl wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Image
williwonder wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:33 pm
You are lucky as tomorrow is the best weather to catch a red. good luck
Been blowing all day onshore from Sandy to port melb today,white caps everywhere .
Should be great conditions for red hunting and salmon.
question say with a strong onshore would a 5oz star sinker be a good choice to hold on the bottom? what,s the max weight sinker are you launching

User avatar
Seb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Has liked: 638 times
Likes received: 338 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by Seb85 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:50 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm
question say with a strong onshore would a 5oz star sinker be a good choice to hold on the bottom? what,s the max weight sinker are you launching
Depends how strong. 3 oz usually okay for wind up to 30kmh, yes maybe 4oz.
4oz or 5oz for 30-40kmh wind.
For me anyway.

I might fish warmies/port melb tomorrow and/or Saturday afternoon.
Last edited by Seb85 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
Jasonfish1234
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm
Has liked: 194 times
Likes received: 74 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm
Tonight is looking pretty good. Drove past and saw the white tops. Very nice southerly blowing with an evening high tide :tu:
What is white tops

Redhunter
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am
Has liked: 85 times
Likes received: 82 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by Redhunter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm
Tonight is looking pretty good. Drove past and saw the white tops. Very nice southerly blowing with an evening high tide :tu:
What is white tops
Jase - White tops...white caps...white horses...are all terms used relating to the white frothy bit on the top of a wave, as it crashes/breaks in windy conditions.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 92 times
Likes received: 155 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by bowl » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Warmies
Screenshot_20191010-174426.png

rb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean
Has liked: 194 times
Likes received: 264 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by rb85 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Warmies Screenshot_20191010-174426.png
Nice red although I am getting increasingly frustrated by these pictures for a few reasons all selfish.
1. I have no time to fish at the moment.
2. Photos and reports encourage people to get out there which creates more people and boat traffic.
Should Work for FURUNO

User avatar
Jasonfish1234
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm
Has liked: 194 times
Likes received: 74 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm
bowl wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Warmies Screenshot_20191010-174426.png
Nice red although I am getting increasingly frustrated by these pictures for a few reasons all selfish.
1. I have no time to fish at the moment.
2. Photos and reports encourage people to get out there which creates more people and boat traffic.
I got some feeling but I'm tired of fishing about bit look forward for next 2 week

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Likes received: 319 times

Re: Where would you be fishing for LB snapper this week?

Post by smile0784 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 am

bowl wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Warmies Screenshot_20191010-174426.png
What a cracker



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “Snapper Fishing”