Billfisher tackle Frankston

keep_itsimple

Billfisher tackle Frankston

Post by keep_itsimple » Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 am

They are great bunch of Guys and very helpful and friendly with a wide range of gear

fishaholic
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Billfisher tackle Frankston

Post by fishaholic » Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Have been there a few times. The guys are very helpful indeed.
However, if you are looking to purchase, their prices are in the "way too high bracket"!

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Thu May 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Agreed on price I only buy some stuff there like my fluorocarbon that no one else sells and some of there jig heads

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Mon May 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Last edited by shazdoggg on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 am

shazdoggg wrote:Have'nt been for a few years but they have always served me well. There used to be a chick that worked there aswell(forget the name) and she was very helpfull and has done a lot of fishing herself! Yes, often smaller tackleshops wont be as cheap as the big chains like the snake and the camping, fishing, boating store but they GIVE YOU GOOD ADVICE!!

Not much is free nowadays and if you want to get it right the first time go to a proper tackle store. If you have been around the traps awhile and know what you want then its sometimes preferable to get stuff from the big chains, which I do occasionally. A few years ago(they might still) Billfisher supported the 'frankston fishing carnival' which is usually held in jan on the foreshore. This a great commuinty event that helps foster childrens love for fishing and love of the environment. Groups or companies that support this grass roots fishing need to be supported!!!

I still find myself going to the smaller run tackle shops simply because they stock premium fishing tackle(particular flyhooks etc) that I cant get in any 'brick and mortar' shop(I can get it online but Im oldskool and like personal contact.haha)

shazdoggg

Agree whole heartedly.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”