Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Rod Bender

Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am

Hi All,
I sometimes wonder how tackle stores stay in business. The following experiences have happened to me over the last couple months.

Waiting in a 'bayside' tackle store for at least 5 minutes or more just to buy some bait. The salesperson, who obviously doesn't own the store was too busy talking on the phone. He was talking to a potential employer as he had enough of his current job!

Browsing in a north east tackle shop whilst the owner is on the phone to one of his mates, bagging the crap out of someone regarding a recent death in his family.

Last but not least, trying to order a Daiwa rod and reel in a northern Vic store only to be told that with Daiwa, you can only order 10 or more items. Salesperson was kind enough to try and sell me something else!

With the exception of the north east location, the salespersons were employees, not the owners - it must be hard to get good help!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Post by CarlG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 am

Pity you don`t live down this way Jim, I use Total Tackle in Rosebud....top set of blokes...
Carl..

walla 29

Post by walla 29 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am

I agree with carl too ive used total tackle plenty of times always helpful and they know their stuff , they r alwaus willing to help

St3vil

Post by St3vil » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:30 am

I third that..... Shout out to me mate Gav. Keep up the good work Peninsula Total Tackle.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Jim
know the feeling, it seems service and knowledge are both rare to find, and it is not just in tackle shops.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am

Tackle world cranbourne were shocking once. Haven't been back since. I think my money deserves to go else where. Total tackle is one of those stores that I'll def give a go next time. Cheers.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm

yeah well you know where not to go now!

Order your reels online, and build your own fishing rods much more satisfying.

Add one to the list Lakes Entrance, Riviera Bait and Tackle, such a wanker, sent me up **** creek to catch nothing and then I literally found fish right outside his shop haha!

minimal

Post by minimal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 pm

As a newbie, I feel like I've been misled in tackle stores, or given crappy advice, on various occasions.

Weirdly, it wasn't really up-selling me, as I'd have bought the gear regardless - I just feel like I've been guided towards stuff that really isn't that useful for my needs. Sometimes feel like the reps have an agenda they want to push and don't waver from it.

Generally found people to be pleasant enough, I'd just prefer it if they really had my interests at heart. They'd get way more repeat business...

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:14 pm

St3vil wrote:I third that..... Shout out to me mate Gav. Keep up the good work Peninsula Total Tackle.
Yup, gotta lot of time for Gav, always willing to impart knowledge...nice bloke..
Carl..

2smokinbarrels

Post by 2smokinbarrels » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I love going to peninsula total tackle as well when im down there. Fishing fever have been really really good to me when ive been there. All the staff but especially both the Pete's are sensational, really informative.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”