Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Post by poodoo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 am

Alot of the local tackle shops will price match i.e if you find the same price on motackle they will generally match with the delivery fee ontop.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:44 am

I am all in favor of supporting the local guy and if they will price match plus the postage on top no problem I am happy to do it, but you need to work out what you want and the best price you can get it for then check out your local store and haggle.

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:04 am

I generally go to Sport Phillip marine in Mornington, local family owned business, but the guys at BCF Mornington are actually pretty good too i must admit

Mishachief

Post by Mishachief » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:23 pm

i was surfing.. BCF's ebay store and thier other main online store... for a major tackle chain.. they suck... miss labeled items.. bugger all details.. such as .. showing pics of 6lb line but listing 25lb line.. yet no details of thickness etc.. info on reels etc also lackign...

ended up ringing thier help line... but i may as well have rang a chinese take away.. for all they good BCF's help was.

tsk tsk.
♥♥♥ Life's a Beach, So Go Fishing! ♥♥♥

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:43 am

I placed an order for a single reel with Motackle earlier this week. They have a 6 day delay on processing orders! How is that acceptable for a company that does a lot of business online? Naturally there is no mention of this anywhere before you place your order, you get an email afterwards helpfully informing you of the delay.

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Credit where credit's due -

Normally I am not a fan of service at BCF. I've been to a heap of their stores, both here and in Brisbane, and I've got to say that their service can range hugely. There have definitely been some reasonable employees at various stores who seem to know a bit about the local area and products however I think most of us will agree that they would be the exception, not the rule - in most cases they seem to either not know anything or really not care - they just push the price tag.

In saying all of that; I stopped in at BCF Laverton yesterday to pick up some new jig heads... Needless to say, ended up going on a bit of a wander and decided I'd grab a new rod and some extra bits & bobs while I was there. I really do have to highly commend one of their staff - a gent named Sammy. This bloke was the sort of guy I would want to have working with me if I owned a tackle shop - friendly, extremely knowledgeable, helpful, & patient. He was more than happy to spend the time, answer my questions, and help me find the right rod for my setup - even though it was reasonably cheaper than what I had originally intended on getting. Major props for actually taking the time to tell me a fair bit about other brands of rods than the two majors as well - he was all about giving me the info to make the right choice. He even got a 2500 stradic ci4+ out of the display (the reel I have at home which I was matching the rod too) to try on about 10 different rods to check balance etc.

So yeah - many thanks again & highly recommend that if you're in BCF at Laverton & want some help that you track him down. Top bloke.

Cheers.

Mike.

adamk

Post by adamk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Mikey87 wrote:Credit where credit's due -

Normally I am not a fan of service at BCF. I've been to a heap of their stores, both here and in Brisbane, and I've got to say that their service can range hugely. There have definitely been some reasonable employees at various stores who seem to know a bit about the local area and products however I think most of us will agree that they would be the exception, not the rule - in most cases they seem to either not know anything or really not care - they just push the price tag.

In saying all of that; I stopped in at BCF Laverton yesterday to pick up some new jig heads... Needless to say, ended up going on a bit of a wander and decided I'd grab a new rod and some extra bits & bobs while I was there. I really do have to highly commend one of their staff - a gent named Sammy. This bloke was the sort of guy I would want to have working with me if I owned a tackle shop - friendly, extremely knowledgeable, helpful, & patient. He was more than happy to spend the time, answer my questions, and help me find the right rod for my setup - even though it was reasonably cheaper than what I had originally intended on getting. Major props for actually taking the time to tell me a fair bit about other brands of rods than the two majors as well - he was all about giving me the info to make the right choice. He even got a 2500 stradic ci4+ out of the display (the reel I have at home which I was matching the rod too) to try on about 10 different rods to check balance etc.

So yeah - many thanks again & highly recommend that if you're in BCF at Laverton & want some help that you track him down. Top bloke.

Cheers.

Mike.
that the old bald guy or the 30's+ short back an side guy ? because both of them went out there way for me when i was looking for vibes

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Fishbref wrote:Must give a shout out to Mario's Fresh Bait (and tackle) in Moolap; popped in over the weekend to get some bait and, other then getting a discount for but a friendly yap with the chap, I was quite surprised at the tackle range and prices, which were by and large significantly cheaper that the major online retailers, incl Motackle & Anglers Warehouse - one example was a Daiwa Windcast Z5500; $279 at A/W and $225 at Mario's... It's one of those places that feels like a proper tackle joint of old. Definitely worthwhile paying them a visit.

Edit: Just randomly recalled the old Frank O'Reillys in Thornbury when they used to do tackle; that was something else... Anyone else here have fond memories?
O'Reillys used to be my second home ! LOL every Saturday without fail I was there, I loved how heaps of reels were in glass cabinets to drool over while waiting to be served,( maybe first store to do that back in the day ) the line was almost out the door some mornings ! it was the best stocked tackle and shooting store in Melbourne at the time, I miss the joint..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:25 pm

adamk wrote:
Mikey87 wrote:Credit where credit's due -

Cheers.

Mike.
that the old bald guy or the 30's+ short back an side guy ? because both of them went out there way for me when i was looking for vibes
Yeah I reckon he would've been in his 30s odd - really good to see that there are some staff around at BCF that actually care about customer service.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Aussie Angler in Greensborough, excellent service from experienced anglers, never had a problem of any kind. 10/10 in my book. Cheers muzza43.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”