Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Post by bowl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:40 pm

bcf jv marine altona,,, was trying to buy a sounder was looking at them for ten mins n no one bother to assist me , 3 or 4 sales assistants walked past me over ten times... that store in its defence can be way under staffed ....no real other place to buy sounders in western suburbs had to buy it their
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

qfboy

Post by qfboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 am

Tonyzee. You are spot on. Rivera bait and tackle is useless. The last time I went there was the last time I go there. Crap service. Sold me a dodgy prawning net years ago. It snapped the very first time I used it. Took it back the following morning to be told I wasn't using it correctly! WTF! Its a dip net! And it wasn't a cheap net. Anyway, after a long and heated discussion, he refunded my money.
The tackle shop opposite the footbridge is heaps better. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Bought a net off h8m about 6 years ago and its still going strong on the prawns.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

bowl wrote:bcf jv marine altona,,, was trying to buy a sounder was looking at them for ten mins n no one bother to assist me , 3 or 4 sales assistants walked past me over ten times... that store in its defence can be way under staffed ....no real other place to buy sounders in western suburbs had to buy it their
bcf in general needs to employ people who actually no abt fishing

next time your in a shop just grab a worker at random and ask a fishing question,9 out of ten times they will not know or give you the wrong answer...
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

biggar

Post by biggar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am

Im a fan of Aussie Angler in Briar Hill. Its the only tackle store ill go too
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

qfboy

Post by qfboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am

Aussie angler is a top store. I forgot all about them!!!
Fantastic service. Only go there about once or twice a year to stock up as it's a bit of a drive. Heaps of those lycra clad morons down that way

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:03 am

agreed aussie angler is fantastic, ive been to every tackle store around this area now and other then the typical 1 guy in bcf these are the only guys willing to take the time for customers... no if only they had more affordable fly gear i could give that a try :(

qfboy

Post by qfboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am

They're not too badly priced. I figure I'll pay a bit more to keep guys like that in business. If we all bought all our gear from eBay, these guys wouldn't be around. Ebay can't give you advise or local knowledge. We need to support aussie jobs

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 am

very true qfboy, this is why im waiting until work picks up to buy my gear from the local

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 am

Must give a shout out to Mario's Fresh Bait (and tackle) in Moolap; popped in over the weekend to get some bait and, other then getting a discount for but a friendly yap with the chap, I was quite surprised at the tackle range and prices, which were by and large significantly cheaper that the major online retailers, incl Motackle & Anglers Warehouse - one example was a Daiwa Windcast Z5500; $279 at A/W and $225 at Mario's... It's one of those places that feels like a proper tackle joint of old. Definitely worthwhile paying them a visit.

Edit: Just randomly recalled the old Frank O'Reillys in Thornbury when they used to do tackle; that was something else... Anyone else here have fond memories?

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

That's y I do my research b4 I go to get something.
Know what I want, walk in, pay for it and leave.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”