The fishing tackle section of K-Mart at Burwood Highway

cantevencatchacold
Has liked: 30 times

The fishing tackle section of K-Mart at Burwood Highway

Post by cantevencatchacold » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 pm

seems to be not as nearly as well stocked as the ones at Ringwood or Brandon Park. Been there on the first morning for a few of their advertised offers to be told that they were not in yet and when I went back after a few days, they were sold out! :( Or maybe it's just me. Should I just go to a proper store and shell out my hard earned and then I might even start to catch some fish? But then again I have a modest budget. :oops: What do you boys and girls think? Thanks for the replies.

MISTAKOOL

Re: The fishing tackle section of K-Mart at Burwood Highway

Post by MISTAKOOL » Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Go to the "Big snake" store when they regularly have 20-25% off all fishing tackle.

OR Kmart Chaddy has an OK range

:thumbsup:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon May 02, 2011 9:44 pm

What fish are you chasing and where? Maybe some members can advise some gear for you.
As for budgets, I reckon I'd be on the strictest one here :whoh:

cantevencatchacold

Post by cantevencatchacold » Tue May 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Ta mistakool, Chaddy is a bit out of my patch but have been to the Bayswater 'Snake'. Still recovering from paying $59 for a Finnor for surf/rock fishing which gave up the ghost just outside of warranty period. :( My old JW 750 reel which came with a 10 foot combo from Kmart (paid $49) is still going although making a dreadful noise although the top half of the 10 footer snapped after heavy use in surf and rocks over 5 years. Not too excited about their $60 Mojiko combos.

cantevencatchacold

Post by cantevencatchacold » Tue May 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Ta Brett. Looking to replace my JW350/7 foot combo (paid $30) to chase squid and garfish from piers. The top bit of rod had snapped and I replaced it witha 2 piece 7 foot from the bargain section for $8 (probably a returned merchandise). I use $2 special squid jigs from Ray's. Budget should be about $30 to £40 for a combo. :oops: Speaking of Ray's, have you seen the $5 reels? Comes in 2 sizes, Outdoor Expedition , I think. Might have to think about it

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 pm

cantevencatchacold wrote:Ta Brett. Looking to replace my JW350/7 foot combo (paid $30) to chase squid and garfish from piers. The top bit of rod had snapped and I replaced it witha 2 piece 7 foot from the bargain section for $8 (probably a returned merchandise). I use $2 special squid jigs from Ray's. Budget should be about $30 to £40 for a combo. :oops: Speaking of Ray's, have you seen the $5 reels? Comes in 2 sizes, Outdoor Expedition , I think. Might have to think about it

If you could stretch the budget a little, these aren't a bad combo Daiwa Dshock
If they had a slade/sonic pro combo on sale again I'd say get that. I paid $59 for mine and have used it for 12 months on squid, it did the job fine and also allowed for lure/SP's if I wanted.

Anaconda has this one on sale at the moment http://catalogues.anaconda.com.au/porta ... geview=two it should be ok

Haven't been into Rays for a while, I'll check those $5 reels next time I'm in there

cantevencatchacold

Post by cantevencatchacold » Wed May 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Anaconda has this one on sale at the moment http://catalogues.anaconda.com.au/porta ... geview=two it should be ok

Flipping heck!!! That looks just the ticket. Hope they still have stock tomorrow. Ta very much. :thumbsup:

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”