Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

Post by gregmaka » Sun May 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Forgot to mention great snapper you have caught lately,were those winter snapper.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:55 pm

I pop into hooked on bait and tackle when we are down that way, and I have found Mick and his staff are the best I have come across. A while back I was talking to Mick about a few things and he said he knows things are tight and he would takes lay buys, he didn't worry how much you paid off as long as you made regular payments. In my opinion Mick is a great and very knowledgeable bloke who is always willing to help out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun May 29, 2016 5:49 pm

gregmaka wrote:Forgot to mention great snapper you have caught lately,were those winter snapper.
Late,late,late autum snapper or couple of days to early to be officially called winter snapper...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

you can't ask for more than that Kev, especially if they know what they are talking about
:thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Mutley and Scruffy wrote:
purple5ive wrote:They are a good store from all reviews i have heard.

also check out this store, its online as well so you can shop from home.

https://www.fishin.com.au/
I may be speaking for a minority but not everyone wants to shop from home purple durple! (Insert smilie face here!) I had a look at a couple items on the link, Ecogear ZX blades and Jackall TN 60's. The local CA store has the ZX blades for the same price and the TN60's may be a dollar cheaper here. They do their best to compete here...and I think they may still struggle. Anyway, not all of us are that keen on buying online.
ecoronad wrote:..............Sometimes it's not all about how much we could have bought a lure, reel, line or rod online. Support your local tackle store........................................
Do you find you pay a bit more there? Whilst our local CA store beats the local TW store with prices of lures, TW has cheaper rods and reels. Also, TW will drop their price for regular customers. I would think that the Hopper's crossing store may be the same?
cheers
Jim
yeah they are not the cheapest, but moreso if the OP was desperate and couldnt find any others stocking the said lure. or couldnt get to an actual store.
they do have a really good range though, some of their lures are hard to get locally in any store

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon May 30, 2016 2:18 pm

purple5ive wrote:

I may be speaking for a minority but not everyone wants to shop from home purple durple! (Insert smilie face here!) I had a look at a couple items on the link, Ecogear ZX blades and Jackall TN 60's. The local CA store has the ZX blades for the same price and the TN60's may be a dollar cheaper here. They do their best to compete here...and I think they may still struggle. Anyway, not all of us are that keen on buying online.
ecoronad wrote:..............Sometimes it's not all about how much we could have bought a lure, reel, line or rod online. Support your local tackle store........................................
Do you find you pay a bit more there? Whilst our local CA store beats the local TW store with prices of lures, TW has cheaper rods and reels. Also, TW will drop their price for regular customers. I would think that the Hopper's crossing store may be the same?
cheers
Jim
yeah they are not the cheapest, but moreso if the OP was desperate and couldnt find any others stocking the said lure. or couldnt get to an actual store.
they do have a really good range though, some of their lures are hard to get locally in any store
x2 for adam at fishin.com.au great service reasonable prices but more so he has an incredible range of gear. As for 'local' stores monsterfish is the one for me, may not suit everyone's needs but they have a great range of competitively priced gear and are extremely knowledgeable.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Seems like a lot of these online stores are 'local' anyway, it's just they're run out of someone's carport in the suburbs instead of a physical shop.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm

mazman wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

cheers
Jim
x2 for adam at fishin.com.au great service reasonable prices but more so he has an incredible range of gear. As for 'local' stores monsterfish is the one for me, may not suit everyone's needs but they have a great range of competitively priced gear and are extremely knowledgeable.
Monster fish I a great store! Friendly blokes knocking a few bucks off for regulars! Only place I seen last year in melbourne with live bardi grubs and only $2 a grub! Free **** at the talk nights! I even got a discount on a rod for having some silicone in the car when they needed some. It's service like this that makes me a designated local tackle store customer!

Buying online is not for me
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
mazman wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

cheers
Jim
Monster fish I a great store! Friendly blokes knocking a few bucks off for regulars! Only place I seen last year in melbourne with live bardi grubs and only $2 a grub! Free p1ss at the talk nights! I even got a discount on a rod for having some silicone in the car when they needed some. It's service like this that makes me a designated local tackle store customer!

Buying online is not for me
You must have a way with words or something, I've never got that kind of service at any tackle store. Maybe I'm just not regular enough to attract a discount.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Another top place for gear is Kamikaze in Tullamarine

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”