Ali Express Tackle Quality Reviews???

kingblack

Ali Express Tackle Quality Reviews???

Post by kingblack » Thu May 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Ay boys!
Just wondering if anyone has gotten lures, rods, reels, tackle from Ali Express, if so, how was the quality of it??
Cheers

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Ali Express Tackle Quality Reviews???

Post by sloth » Thu May 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Yes. Got some lures from there.

Hardbodies weren't great. Some of the soft plastics are fine. I'm also trialing some bulk trebles to see how they go.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu May 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah, its very hit and miss, generally the more you pay, the better the product, however it gets to the point you may as well buy from a local store.

That being said, some things are ok from there, I have found the hooks arent as sharp as reasonable local ones. I have got some good lures cheap, but the trouble is its 50/50 whether you even get whats in the picture haha. Also, the cheap brais out of china is like rope, and nearly as thick as mono.

Its a bit of fun, but I wouldnt go in expecting good quality gear, if you get it, then thats a bonus.

vinalf

Post by vinalf » Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 pm

I have bought cheap braid off Ebay and am generally satisfied except for one lot i bought. My son hates it as it frays easily but I am not that picky.

Having said that I now look for and only buy 4 or 8 strand braid which is great. It is a far better product.

I have also bought the super cheap lures (for salmon troll) and that is what I got, cheap plastic lures - 5 for $5. They dont track too well and I haven't got a salmon, but in reality I haven't given them a real chance having only used them once.

The REAL danger in net shopping is going overboard!! In last 3 weeks I have bought 3 new LED lights, bilge pump, switch panel, led strips, anchor chain plus more.... :super:
Just need them to arrive so I can fit them all.

Cheers

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”