Anaconda is coming...

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Anaconda is coming...

Post by dazz999 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Boonanza wrote:A new Anaconda opened in Epping a few weeks ago and had some great deals. It reminds me of how Rays was a few years ago before they changed it. For me it's ok has enough range and pretty good prices and also some competition for BCF who have dropped the ball a little bit. Unfortunately there aren't many options for us in the northern suburbs since Northern camping & fishing closed and I'm hoping an independent will open out this way again they would definately get my business before the chain stores.
the same group own anaconda and bcf

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Boonanza wrote:A new Anaconda opened in Epping a few weeks ago and had some great deals. It reminds me of how Rays was a few years ago before they changed it. For me it's ok has enough range and pretty good prices and also some competition for BCF who have dropped the ball a little bit. Unfortunately there aren't many options for us in the northern suburbs since Northern camping & fishing closed and I'm hoping an independent will open out this way again they would definately get my business before the chain stores.
the same group own bcf and rays outdoors anaconda smash them i noticed recently now bcf have adjusted there price on the soft plastic deals before they were $5 more

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 pm

So far anaconda seem ok but time will tell it is a new store so all the staff are happy and the stock seems ok. :)
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:03 pm

So they opened today with about a gazillion people in attendance. Because of the numbers I only checked out the fishing section...then not all of it. The range they have is not too bad. In some regards they are comparable to other local outlets but then they have some lines that others do not have. Pricing varies as one would expect...some brands are a lot cheaper than other locals and then some are more expensive. I will no doubt be returning at times. In Shepparton we now have Anaconda, BCF, a Compleat Angler and a Tackleworld store.
Cheers
Team Spender

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:13 pm

dazz999 wrote:
No, they're owned by rival firms
http://www.superretailgroup.com.au/about-us/brands/
https://www.spotlightgroup.com/srg
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:28 pm

April Fool wrote:So they opened today with about a gazillion people in attendance. Because of the numbers I only checked out the fishing section...then not all of it. The range they have is not too bad. In some regards they are comparable to other local outlets but then they have some lines that others do not have. Pricing varies as one would expect...some brands are a lot cheaper than other locals and then some are more expensive. I will no doubt be returning at times. In Shepparton we now have Anaconda, BCF, a Compleat Angler and a Tackleworld store.
Cheers
Team Spender
Anaconda, BCF, Compleat Angler and Tackleworld have their own exclusive lines. IE BCF have Shimano Sahara and others, CA Shimano Ballistix etc. Always pays to spec compare to the standard offerings of brands before price comparison. Often you'll find the bog standard rod/reel is cheaper

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 pm

dazz999 wrote:
BCF and Rays are owned by Super Retail group ( supercheap auto)
Anaconda is owned by Spotlight group

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Avan super center, go up stairs for the tackle section, I'm not sure if he leases up stairs or is part of the Avan. The guy is friendly knows his stuff and will get stuff in for you the range is pretty good he stocks.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... d144.95344
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 am

hornet wrote:
Avan super center, go up stairs for the tackle section, I'm not sure if he leases up stairs or is part of the Avan. The guy is friendly knows his stuff and will get stuff in for you the range is pretty good he stocks.

Hi Hornet,

His closed down now too.
Alan now works at CH Smith.
Only store left up that way is Northside Angler as far as Independent Stores.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:10 am

IFISHALOT wrote:
hornet wrote:

Hi Hornet,

His closed down now too.
Alan now works at CH Smith.
Only store left up that way is Northside Angler as far as Independent Stores.
Thx.. that's a pity he ran a good shop, independent operators seem the way of the dodo now.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”