Spinnerbait and chatterbait upgrades

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Spinnerbait and chatterbait upgrades

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:04 pm

piscateur wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Also the Zmans may affect/react the skirt
i ran an experiment before hand and put a few cuts of each skirt on a zman along eith some other plastics. After a few weeks skirts were fine and nothing noticable, the other plastics were showing melting signs after a few days.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm
The ones i saw at aussie angler were Decoy Dream worm hook or Decoy KG worm hook. I can't remember exactly which ones but they definitely didn't have split rings.

Anth
Yeah, those were the weedless i were looking for. When you mentioned stinger, i thought you were referring to this style of trailer specifically.

My terminology could be off - but thought stinger generally related to those, see them on those ecogear vibes and such.

After a bit of googling, looks like there were a few options i could have gone. Will see how the circles go - gotta get a take or two first. If no good, oh well - fishing, always bloody learning haha.
Yeah sorry i said stinger because that's what it's doing.. Should have said trailing hook.

What if the fish that you try them on hits and misses and its a metery! you'll be kicking yourself

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm
The ones i saw at aussie angler were Decoy Dream worm hook or Decoy KG worm hook. I can't remember exactly which ones but they definitely didn't have split rings.

Anth
Yeah, those were the weedless i were looking for. When you mentioned stinger, i thought you were referring to this style of trailer specifically.

My terminology could be off - but thought stinger generally related to those, see them on those ecogear vibes and such.

After a bit of googling, looks like there were a few options i could have gone. Will see how the circles go - gotta get a take or two first. If no good, oh well - fishing, always bloody learning haha.
Yeah sorry i said stinger because that's what it's doing.. Should have said trailing hook.

What if the fish that you try them on hits and misses and its a metery! you'll be kicking yourself

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Thats fishing mate - what if!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Firstly, Happy F Camper

I am in awe of those lures and the pimping that you've done. And nice listening to you guys and the logic behind some of the things you guys are talking about.

On buying in on the circle hooks , , , , I have on occasion, when I have tied (snelled) two hook set ups for strip baits or Pillies, used a circle hook on the leading hook and a suicide on the trailing hook. BUT it would be interesting to hear how your lures go , , , , always worth a try, you just never know.

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Thats fishing mate - what if!

I like the "what if" lessons , , , , they sting , , , , but boy do you learn and never forget

Cheers Gentlemen,
Bugatti , , , , a life of what ifs

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”