What a fizzer!!!!!

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

What a fizzer!!!!!

Post by April Fool » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Apparently I needed one of these (tango prop)! I guess these are called fizzers? Anyway, this lure had a very good selling point as you can see by the sticker...it is water proof! I have never taken this into consideration previously with my lure purchases and have just been lucky to avoid trouble! Have members used these lures and if so, for what species? I am going to try it in the local waterways for cod. This is not the largest of lures but then the cod aren't that big where I fish anyway.
tango prop 80.jpg
cheers
Team Fool
Not as stupid as I look!
Last edited by April Fool on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: What a fizzer!!!!!

Post by greggo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:43 pm

I haven't used that specific lure, but I regularly use fizzers on the Cod. They have a great action and create a different type of noise, compared to other styles of surface lures.

I prefer to use them at night, and caught my biggest Cod (97cm) on a fizzer. I'd cast about 50 times at a snag using a Jackall Pompadour with no interest, changed to a smallish fizzer and he hit it first cast - but missed. The second cast got a solid hookup and landed it after a huge struggle, battling it in the dark, in the kayak, in the current and a nearly flat headlamp!
Cod.jpg

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:56 pm

I seem to find anything marked waterproof is not so you have probably bought a fizzer, :banana: :super: :victory: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Dont have one or that style of lure. I wonder if my lures are water proof? should i be worried?????

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Good luck with it Jim, certainly hope it lives up to your expectations... :notworthy:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:35 pm

greggo wrote:I haven't used that specific lure, but I regularly use fizzers on the Cod. They have a great action and create a different type of noise, compared to other styles of surface lures.

I prefer to use them at night, and caught my biggest Cod (97cm) on a fizzer. I'd cast about 50 times at a snag using a Jackall Pompadour with no interest, changed to a smallish fizzer and he hit it first cast - but missed. The second cast got a solid hookup and landed it after a huge struggle, battling it in the dark, in the kayak, in the current and a nearly flat headlamp!
Cod.jpg
Great fish on a surface lure.

Cheers bm

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:58 pm

greggo wrote:I haven't used that specific lure, but I regularly use fizzers on the Cod. They have a great action and create a different type of noise, compared to other styles of surface lures.

Cod.jpg
As Mick said great fish
My personal best cod is about 6"
Cheers Gra

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Who would want a waterproof lure? Don't fish live in water....

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:10 am

I don't know about about the Tango fizzer in the picture but I reckon fizzers are great cod lures. I have several in my surface fishing lure box. I use smaller ones similar to the the old fishcake lures to imitate cicadas. I have the traditional bent piece of wire type with a prop which is the noisiest lure I have heard if submerged a bit. If I get a boof that doesn't hook up and the cod doesn't come back I put one of these on. More often than not the cod will come back and have a go.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am

Best I look around for some of these lures then, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”