Switching Trebles to Singles

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Re: Switching Trebles to Singles

Post by wem21 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:38 pm

greggo wrote:
wem21 wrote: Oh ok, I see. What vibes do you use?
The A18 would be my most used vibe. I try and use the size 30 mostly, but depending on current and depth I'll swap to the 40, it sinks a lot quicker and less affected by current.
So the 40 would be good for wpb, where the waters deep and is current packed? While the 30 would be suited more to use around ppb, like the Brighton breakwall and areas around that?
How far can you cast with the 40 Vs the casting distance of the 35?

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Switching Trebles to Singles

Post by greggo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:59 pm

wem21 wrote:
greggo wrote:
wem21 wrote: Oh ok, I see. What vibes do you use?
The A18 would be my most used vibe. I try and use the size 30 mostly, but depending on current and depth I'll swap to the 40, it sinks a lot quicker and less affected by current.
So the 40 would be good for wpb, where the waters deep and is current packed? While the 30 would be suited more to use around ppb, like the Brighton breakwall and areas around that?
How far can you cast with the 40 Vs the casting distance of the 35?
The 40 casts way further than the 35, but the distance is only relative to the gear your using; e.g. Rod length/construction, line/braid diameter, reel size etc.

I think you'd be struggling to use most vibes in WP bay when it's running full steam. You'd only use them when the current was slack, and then choose your size depending on depth. I've caught a lot of fish using the A18 35 from the flooded mangrove channels around Westernport. The only problem is the smallest bit of weed you pick up will affect the action of the lure.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”