Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

User avatar
LINwAd
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby LINwAd » Fri May 11, 2018 4:32 pm

ZestyLemon wrote:I was planning to go to brighton breakwall Saturday morning. Any tips?


a bit of a guide (for plastics at brighton) - https://youtu.be/x8s-HYOmLqU
LandFishTV creator - https://www.landfishtv.com.au Enjoy! :water:



Remove these ads.

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby dazz999 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:18 pm

not worth going but if you do raincoat and 4inch soft plastics

ZestyLemon
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby ZestyLemon » Fri May 11, 2018 6:58 pm

dazz999 wrote:not worth going but if you do raincoat and 4inch soft plastics

Ahh ok. Maybe next time then

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8027
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby Lightningx » Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Just watched the weather forecast dry for most of the day doesn’t sound anywhere near as bad as today. If you do end up going, good luck

ZestyLemon
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby ZestyLemon » Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 pm

LINwAd wrote:
ZestyLemon wrote:I was planning to go to brighton breakwall Saturday morning. Any tips?


a bit of a guide (for plastics at brighton) - https://youtu.be/x8s-HYOmLqU

I'm still not too sure where in the line I am supposed to see the lure being taken by the fish - I can barely see the end of the line if I chuck it out a long way

User avatar
LINwAd
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby LINwAd » Sat May 12, 2018 7:11 pm

ZestyLemon wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
ZestyLemon wrote:I was planning to go to brighton breakwall Saturday morning. Any tips?


a bit of a guide (for plastics at brighton) - https://youtu.be/x8s-HYOmLqU

I'm still not too sure where in the line I am supposed to see the lure being taken by the fish - I can barely see the end of the line if I chuck it out a long way


Watch the line out the front of your rod tip to the water, if kept fairly tight and minimal slack is in the line you will see any movement in the line, often a bite from a fish will look like someone flicked your line with their finger. On any abnormal movement on your line you should be striking to hook the fish.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.landfishtv.com.au Enjoy! :water:



Remove these ads.

ZestyLemon
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Re: Soft Plastic Retrieve Q's

Postby ZestyLemon » Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 pm

LINwAd wrote:
ZestyLemon wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
ZestyLemon wrote:I was planning to go to brighton breakwall Saturday morning. Any tips?


a bit of a guide (for plastics at brighton) - https://youtu.be/x8s-HYOmLqU

I'm still not too sure where in the line I am supposed to see the lure being taken by the fish - I can barely see the end of the line if I chuck it out a long way


Watch the line out the front of your rod tip to the water, if kept fairly tight and minimal slack is in the line you will see any movement in the line, often a bite from a fish will look like someone flicked your line with their finger. On any abnormal movement on your line you should be striking to hook the fish.

Thanks!


Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests