squidgies bio tough

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

squidgies bio tough

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm

most of my fishing is using soft plastics i love the old squidgies sure they get their tails bit off and rip easy but their colour range was /is awesome they catch fish bought a packet of the new big tough looking at their colour range wasnt to impressed picked up the 100mm bloodworm fish anyway the colours are more see threw not solid the action is okay but wont buy another packet i have caught a flatty on them so i thought i would do a review on them if any of you guys are smashing fish with these let us know

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: squidgies bio tough

Post by Basti » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 pm

they melt when in contact with normal squidgies. paddle tail is an odd design, not a fan of the angle of the tail. all three types are the same profile, just different tail ends. the grub tail and flickbait might be worth it, but there are better paddle tails out there

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Basti wrote:they melt when in contact with normal squidgies. paddle tail is an odd design, not a fan of the angle of the tail. all three types are the same profile, just different tail ends. the grub tail and flickbait might be worth it, but there are better paddle tails out there
yep ive been using the keitech brand paddle tails great action what are you using

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 am

keitechs, Zmans and OG squidgies get it done for me

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 am

My zmans always melt in my tackle box. No idea why. No problems with squidgies

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

eddyt wrote:My zmans always melt in my tackle box. No idea why. No problems with squidgies
Zmans do that - you can't leave them in a hot car/ tacklebox for long periods of time, they also need to be stored in their original packets.

I really love Zmans, however the whole deforming/melting stuff annoys me :o_0: .
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Savage gear also had a “soft plastic kit” that came with a combo from bcf for $99. They were so weak I could break them when rolling them in between my index finger and thumb. Also the jig heads they came with bent easily. I threw them all in the bin without even attaching one (plastic or jighead) to my line. The plastic material seems much weaker than any other savage plastic I have held. I think the kit is available for about $20 but it’s not worth the container your left with after throwing all the crap out

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Basti wrote:keitechs, Zmans and OG squidgies get it done for me
hey Basti grab a packet of the storm so-run joker shads 4inch paddle tails give them a go

drewb

Post by drewb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm

I use Keitech easy shiners, love em, they have a great action and colours but they don't last more than a fish or two I've found. I use a few styles of zmans as my main go to, they last well, can't go wrong with them I reckon. I always keep them in their original packet, never had a problem with melting or deforming that way (although a few misplaced ones have melted).

I brought a pack of the 100mm bio tough paddle tails in pink, have used them once in the kayak off fishies beach. Caught 4 pinkies, couple in the mid 40's on the same plastic and it still looked brand new. I thought the action was fine.

Got some of the westin paddle teez however and really don't like them. Don't have an action on a slow retrieve, really need to be worked hard.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm

keitechs easy shiners are awesome

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”