Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

User avatar
ducky
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3786
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm

He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue



Remove these ads.

wem21
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm

ducky wrote:He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue
Does what? im confused

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by cobby » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 pm

wem21 wrote:
ducky wrote:He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue
Does what? im confused
Increases the prices to $999. You can still see what colours available in his range when out of stock, but only stupid people will actually click buy at that high a price

wem21
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 pm

cobby wrote:
wem21 wrote:
ducky wrote:He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue
Does what? im confused
Increases the prices to $999. You can still see what colours available in his range when out of stock, but only stupid people will actually click buy at that high a price
Wow thats smart

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7654
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 am

wem21 wrote:
cobby wrote:
wem21 wrote:
ducky wrote:He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue
Does what? im confused
Increases the prices to $999. You can still see what colours available in his range when out of stock, but only stupid people will actually click buy at that high a price
Wow thats smart
You can buy a lot of squid for $999. Lol
Who is that silly to agree to buy for that amount?
Do people have rocks in there head?

piscateur
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 11:19 am

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by piscateur » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am

Yeah Ducky is right, he ups the price to redic when out of stock so no one buys it and when stocks come back in he just readjust the sale. saves him reloading every time. and Ebay is the only place u can see his range of colours.
Just for clarity I have no professional affiliation with Rui, I was a customer that has become a friend. I like the fact that he develops jigs based on local knowledge. He also provides the honest advise as well.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
ducky
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3786
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by ducky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Rui was legit to me when he hyped a rod he was custom making for squid and showed development photos. Information through the build. He had lots of customers waiting. Only to get them in hand and them not be up to the standard he wanted so he flogged them off cheap for Whiting rods.

Not many people would do that. Most would take the quick buck.

The only negative I’d ever have to say were some of his older jigs the barb tips are sometimes slightly damaged. But it’s never really affected my fishing. I just touched them up in a minute or so anyway. Better that than rusted out crowns like on other brands I’ve used.

wem21
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by wem21 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:
He's in Clayton/Springvale Just off Westall RD
Can you send me a pic of the google maps? Or just an adress
Look up Rui Tang on Facebook.
Send a friend request.
He'll accept, then use messenger to sort out the details.
He's a decent bloke, with a massive range of jigs. Make sure you get a red foil black cloth, ripper jig when it gets dark.
Are you talking about this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwR6RaIbGw
Nope. Red foil, BLACK cloth.
Might not have it on eBay, but He'll probably have one or two in stock.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwFnFWFQL5 this one looks like the description. Is that correct? Also, how many casts should I do per squid jig before I change it up? (Changing to different colours has turned quiet sessions to great ones)

CarlG
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3723
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Rosebud.

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by CarlG » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

wem21 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote: Can you send me a pic of the google maps? Or just an adress
Look up Rui Tang on Facebook.
Send a friend request.
He'll accept, then use messenger to sort out the details.
He's a decent bloke, with a massive range of jigs. Make sure you get a red foil black cloth, ripper jig when it gets dark.
Are you talking about this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwR6RaIbGw
Nope. Red foil, BLACK cloth.
Might not have it on eBay, but He'll probably have one or two in stock.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwFnFWFQL5 this one looks like the description. Is that correct? Also, how many casts should I do per squid jig before I change it up? (Changing to different colours has turned quiet sessions to great ones)

Yep, that's the one.
Give it 8-10n then change.
Got couta..?

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6034
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:20 pm

smile0784 wrote:
wem21 wrote:
cobby wrote:
wem21 wrote:
ducky wrote:He does that when he has items out of stock so people can still see the catalogue
Does what? im confused
Increases the prices to $999. You can still see what colours available in his range when out of stock, but only stupid people will actually click buy at that high a price
Wow thats smart
You can buy a lot of squid for $999. Lol
Who is that silly to agree to buy for that amount?
Do people have rocks in there head?
Supposedly so. Cause some.people still.tried to buy them at that price hahaha.
He obviously canceled the transaction. Thats the kind of guy he is.
Cheers
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”