Salt water lures/trolling

Brooker

Salt water lures/trolling

Post by Brooker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am

I'm fairly new to salt water fishing have always just fished rivers and lakes, but I'm woundering what if any lures work in salt water? I've only ever seen people using bait or if using lures there the metal jig ones, any one use any others with success!? I'd rather use lures than bait if possible. Also I'm woundering if trolling in the Barwon river would be worth it? I have no idea what lure I would use though? Any help would be appreciated!! Cheers

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Salt water lures/trolling

Post by Broomstick » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 am

Absolutely lures work in saltwater! I fish 90% saltwater and only toss lures, as do many of the members here. Check out my blog to see the kinds of lures I use: http://fishingnaturedogs.blogspot.com.au/

I prefer hard bodied lures, but soft plastics are a great all rounder (they'll catch most things and are cheap). Paddle tail shads and grubs in the 2.5-3.5 inch range on a 1/24th - 1/8th jighead will cover just about everything in Victoria.

Brooker

Re: Salt water lures/trolling

Post by Brooker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks for the info!! And great blog, loved it!! Looked like an awesome trip minus the broken reels.. hah.. I'll have to go grab some new lures and have a crack next time I go out!! Thanks heaps!!

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”