Gulp Soft Plastics

bubuli
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Gulp Soft Plastics

Post by bubuli » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Joker91 wrote:ill be honest its way better then bait only because each time you reel the SP you feel something chasing and biting it. Almost makes you feel like a hunter heheh

but i love bait fishing to much though :), although i think i might but another set of SP and try and start doing it.

When you cast the SP how long do you wait for it sink? for arguments sake lets say were in 6m depth
When I switched to using lures/softplastics, I was hooked and never bait fish since. After your lure hits the water watch your line, when you see it limped or relax that means its on the bottom, thats when you start your retrieve. Hope this helps.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Redfin eat them too.

If you're seeing other people getting fish and you're not, try longer pauses between lifts. Patience can make a world of differece.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

adbert

Post by adbert » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:26 pm

After your lure hits the water watch your line, when you see it limped or relax that means its on the bottom, thats when you start your retrieve. Hope this helps.

adbert

Post by adbert » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:28 pm

If you're seeing other people getting fish and you're not, try longer pauses between lifts. Patience can make a world of differece.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 pm

First of all guns with thumbs.. nice
the other thing is there isn't a single best retrieve although in general letting it hit the bottom 2-3 small lifts than a few second rest is good
make sure you keep a tight line a strike at any little tugs you feel, you can barely feel some fish take the plastic.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 pm

thanks guys, ill have to check at home to see if i have any SP laying if not i might make my way down to BCF

cheers :cheers:

adbert

Post by adbert » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

mazman wrote:the other thing is there isn't a single best retrieve although in general letting it hit the bottom 2-3 small lifts than a few second rest is good
make sure you keep a tight line a strike at any little tugs you feel, you can barely feel some fish take the plastic.
Cheers Alex

adbert

Post by adbert » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Joker91 wrote:thanks guys, ill have to check at home to see if i have any SP laying if not i might make my way down to BCF
Would BCF be cheaper than BigW/Kmart?

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm

adbert wrote:
Joker91 wrote:thanks guys, ill have to check at home to see if i have any SP laying if not i might make my way down to BCF
Would BCF be cheaper than BigW/Kmart?
I doubt it. Probably check k mart first then

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 am

By reading the pack, I would swear that they are made in Asia suck us Westerners in, but I think I know better :???:
Yes they work very well, in fact if you really wanted to only use sp's once you got used to them you will probably bring home just as many and let go of heaps more fish in the process. Once you have been doing it for awhile you will then tend to let them all go as all the fun is in catching the fish, and got to ask would you eat fish out of some of the places that actually hold fish. Not me.
As far as sp's being something new, goodness no but they were very limited to certain types of fish and the way they were fished. That was over 25 years ago when I started sniffing around the new USA Bass sp lures at the time and wondered why they wouldn't catch fish here in Australia. Quickly I worked out that why they didn't catch fish here in Australia was that not many fisho's would give them a chance.
Now the flood doors have opened and if your not using sp's then other fisho's look at you differently with that look on their faces, I am sure us bait fisho's have seen it all before....hey check them guys out using bait, should we go over and talk to them...naah sooner or later they will catch on...

cheers
tacklenut

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”