Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

User avatar
April Fool
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by April Fool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:22 pm
Does anyone here got a good experience with frog hardbody/plastic surface lure? For murray cod.
Any recommendations?
When you say 'hardbody/plastic', I assume you are not talking about the soft bodied ones?
Cheers
Team Tackle Splurge



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Seb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by Seb85 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:28 pm

April Fool wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:22 pm
Does anyone here got a good experience with frog hardbody/plastic surface lure? For murray cod.
Any recommendations?
When you say 'hardbody/plastic', I assume you are not talking about the soft bodied ones?
Cheers
Team Tackle Splurge
I have never used any frog lures, so at this stage, any...
If I was to pick one, whether be hardbody, soft body or sort plastic, what would it be.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :fish22:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
Seb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by Seb85 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Watch this at 5:50 inspires me to get a frog lure.

https://youtu.be/4xYyVwl86PM
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :fish22:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
April Fool
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by April Fool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:19 pm

I have given the Lunkerhunt frog (soft rubber...and may be a bit pricey but being a surface lure that doesn't concern me) a good go to no avail. It is very life like and I fish it with confidence but have not had any luck. It may be I am using it in the wrong location as no other surface lures have worked for me. Looking at your video...any frog may be worth a try!!
Cheers
Team Kermit

User avatar
Boonanza
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3621
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: Eltham

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by Boonanza » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 pm

April Fool wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:19 pm
I have given the Lunkerhunt frog (soft rubber...and may be a bit pricey but being a surface lure that doesn't concern me) a good go to no avail. It is very life like and I fish it with confidence but have not had any luck. It may be I am using it in the wrong location as no other surface lures have worked for me. Looking at your video...any frog may be worth a try!!
Cheers
Team Kermit
There is a lure for you Jim which has incredible surface strikes ;-)
Attachments
bang.jpg
Water is the most essential element of life, because without water you can’t go fishing. :water:

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2403
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Atomic lures have made very similar lures to the megabass siglett. Frogleys offshore used to distribute megabass I believe



Remove these ads.

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2671
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by mazman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:43 pm
Atomic lures have made very similar lures to the megabass siglett. Frogleys offshore used to distribute megabass I believe
Frogleys used to import them now megabass is going it solo. atomic also have a lure with a striking resemblance to a pompadour now.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

User avatar
Seb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by Seb85 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:22 pm

mazman wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:43 pm
Atomic lures have made very similar lures to the megabass siglett. Frogleys offshore used to distribute megabass I believe
Frogleys used to import them now megabass is going it solo. atomic also have a lure with a striking resemblance to a pompadour now.
Yes I've seen it, identical to pompadour.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :fish22:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Texas
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by Texas » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:57 pm

My favourite lure for cod is a kuttafurra 100mm ruthless paddler in green & black.
The price was right & I'm told it's an exclusive colour.
Cheers Gra

User avatar
April Fool
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

Re: Everyone's favourite surface lure for natives?

Post by April Fool » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Has anyone used the Kuttafurra from the codference?
cheers
Team Bender
Heard a rumour next years freebie at the codference will be a 7' Venom...ous snake!!!!



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”