Braid reconmendation

Seano

Braid reconmendation

Post by Seano » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

I'm off on a Barra trip with my step farther last week on this month, and I've got 2 bait casters to load up with line first one is a 200G7 Curado and the other is a scorpion XT1000, thinking 20lb and 15lb, I have another curado 300 that's loaded with 30ld power pro.
Has anyone used the sufix 832 braid as i'm a fan of their mono but yet to try the braid, only ever used powerpro and spiderwire.

Rod Bender

Re: Braid reconmendation

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi,
I haven't used the Suffix braid but did some googling for reviews on it a while ago and came up with a lot of negatives. Have a look at the link - Cabella reviews on the product by people who have purchased it. The 'reviews' link is to the right of the product description. After reading this you will be more confused! Great variation in reviews.
thanks
Jim

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sufix-83 ... l+Products
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Eeny meeny miny moe is perhaps the best way of choosing braid.

Basically, try it and if you like it, keep it, if not change it.

Seano

Post by Seano » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm

yes the reviews are all over the place on there, think Wolly might be right on the money think I'll stick to the p/pro stuff.

natho

Post by natho » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 pm

hey seano, I highly recomend using 30 lb finns mate. no less than 50lb leader when fishing the run off. have a reel loaded with 50lb braid and 60lb leader if trolling shady camp. best idea would be to simply get your reels spooled up their. cost around $40. If in darwin you have tackle world on the hiway or outdoors in cavanah st. ya lucky bugger. first run off ive missed in 10 years. just moved down from darwin. need any info mate just ask.

Seano

Post by Seano » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 pm

we're fishing from Point stuart lodge, so shady camp, san pan, tommycut creeks along with south alligator. First time doing this trip with them but we live up their when i was 13 will be intresting to see how it's changed.
So you surgest sticking with 30lb braid on all 3 out fits or have a lighter one in their? also taking a spin rod for trolling.

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:03 pm

+1 for Power Pro braid...never let me down
Addicted to fishing since 1973

Lost Pom

Post by Lost Pom » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I've got two Emcasts - one spooled with spiderwire, one with fireline - cant say i have a preference though I like the luminesence of the Fireline as I often fish at night....

As long as it's not entry level I'd imagine it'd be ok. Nothing worse than re-rigging cos of wind knots. Had no problems with either of the above.

:water:

queen fish

Post by queen fish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am

is braid as good as everyone says

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:21 pm

I am loving spiderwire from Big W. The first cast is crap, but once its wet its crazy for casting, need to slightly adjust ur flick and angles as it goes further. Is very sensitive for bites etc, but not sure about the whole feeling the bottom thing. Main issue i had with the 8lb was connecting 15lb Fluro leader with Albright knot. Used 10lb and the slim beauty and its lasted me 2 outings to a lake for trout casting lures all day. These are just my limited experiences, and i am sure there are many with more experience.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”