Sinker Molds

Linc

Re: Sinker Molds

Post by Linc » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm

The moulds with the wooden handles are from the 'Do-it' corporation which is a US company and their moulds are all made in the USA, they are top quality and make sinkers so much better than any other mould, I've got 6 or 7 of them that I've bought from US websites (the postage is far cheaper than paying the ridiculous markup that the few local fishing shops that stock them charge us.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

my sinker moulds cost $5 per kilo. Plaster of Paris
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
grey wrote:Hi, sinker molds with handles..............what a great idea ,where do i get some ..... :woohoo:
You can buy some at Cranbourne tackle for around 100 per mould or import some from the states and get three moulds for 100. plus postage.
Crimebourne Tackle World. $100 per mould. That would be right. Bloody crooks. Id rather buy online than support those pricks. :down: :down:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Bartnmax wrote: $100 for a cheap bloody asian made sinker moulds is just fisting Australian anglers where the sun don't shine.

Anglers of Australia - bend over.

Bill.
I did not like that statement.....I am an Asian. Got a problem with that? Blame the Australian business owners for the price, not the manufacturers.
No offense meant by that FC but it's undeniable that there is an absolute derge of cheaper made gear flooding the markets at the moment, & whilst cheap & nasty can be & is made in all locations, the vast majority of it, by a long way, is currently being produced in asia. The Chinese at present have the art of copy down pat. Virtually within hours of someone producing a decent product there are cheap chinese made copies available, & without exception the quality of them is nothing short of absolute crap. I don't care whom makes the crap products, but I do care when we anglers are charged premium prices for cheap junk that is passed off as a quality product.

I do blame Australian business owners, not just for the price but also for hoisting this rubbish on us, but they're still not the one's making it, so much of that blame still has to lie with the makes of that crap. Still I suppose there is one good thing to come out of it - a greater appreciation for quality products after the cheap rubbish continually fails.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”