Power Pro Braid

MISTAKOOL

Power Pro Braid

Post by MISTAKOOL » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey guys.

I have been using Power Probraid for the last few years and cannot fault it...

I usually buy a 1500 yard spool for about $100.00 AU shipped. (check out ebay.com)

From the Power Pro website:

PowerPro Braided Line

Most people choose color based on personal preferences, but for fishermen, color is a necessity. Each application requires a specific color line. Anglers decide on the color lure they will throw, and should also be selective with the color of line to use in each application.

All colors available in these (LB) Sizes: 5lb, 8lb, 10lb, 15lb, 20lb, 30lb, 40lb, 50lb, 65lb, 80lb, 100lb, 150lb, 200lb, 250lb

Spool Sizes: 100yd, 150yd, 300yd, 500yd,1500yd, 3000yd

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Power Pro Braid

Post by fishingvic » Sun May 08, 2011 11:41 am

+1 Excellent quality braid at a great price.

I love the "Phantom Red" colour and you can buy it cheaper from the States. Shipping usually only takes 10 business days.

Never failed me, retains the colour and doesn't fray.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 am

It's good to see that we are all helping out our local tackle stores and buying from them...

What is the real reason that you would by from the USA rather than here.

Is price the dominating factor behind it all ???

cheers
TN

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 am

You must be the reseller I've seen this exact post many times before on other forums.

I've learnt from buying other braids that if you some good to start off with you will improve your casting distance and feel, also hook up rate.
I only use high quality Japanese braids for this reason. I've have used the cheap stuff before and Im nit the biggest fan. But you need to try different stuff to form an appinion.

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 pm

keep_itsimple wrote:You must be the reseller I've seen this exact post many times before on other forums.

I've learnt from buying other braids that if you some good to start off with you will improve your casting distance and feel, also hook up rate.
I only use high quality Japanese braids for this reason. I've have used the cheap stuff before and Im nit the biggest fan. But you need to try different stuff to form an appinion.
So keep_it simple,
what do you mean I must be the reseller ??
My opinion shouldn't be worth as much as anyones elses should it because I sell tackle ?
Do you think its possible that I might use a hell of a lot more gear than most as I want to try it out ?
But the big thing is whats wrong with the Australian made braids from Platypus ??
They would have a braid to suit most peoples needs, and the ones that come from Japan, why do you need to pay an extra premium on top of a already expensive line so you might think that you can cast further with it ?
Seems to many people are believing in the hype of what the Japanese say. In fact if on the label of the line, the more Japanese written on the label the better it must be.
I have even heard that as a arguement. But if you want to pay over the top prices for you line, then by all means buy the Japanese made gear and try to be happy with it knowing that another guys has bought a very similar line for 1/2 the price.
So many of these Japanese Braids are being said to only cost $79 or $85 and yes while they are, most times its for 125yards not the 300 that the others give you.
So don't you think its funny at the end of the day, the lines that get used the most by the pros are lines like Fireline ?
Can't you at least buy that from Australia ?
cheers
TN

MISTAKOOL

Post by MISTAKOOL » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am

TackleNut wrote:It's good to see that we are all helping out our local tackle stores and buying from them...

What is the real reason that you would by from the USA rather than here.

Is price the dominating factor behind it all ???

cheers
TN
Definately a price factor.....

I always try to purchase locally, but being asked to pay double is just plain rediculous!

On eBay you can purchase a 300 yard spool of Power Pro for USD $20.99 plus $7.50 shipping to Australia.

That is a grand total of $AUD $26.90 on todays exchange rate of $AUD 1 = $USD $1.06

Buying locally at say (BCF) the exact same product is sold for $69.95!

By my calculations, you save $43.05! which is an ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE SAVING in anyones terms....

It's about time Australian retailers stopped ripping us Aussies off...

I will continue to look elsewhere for any product if it can be purchased accross the shores for less than half the price.

Thanks
MISTAKOOL

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:57 am

I'm not starting an argument, I was saying that I've seen this same Post a few times and either someone was spamming the site or you going to contribute. My personal preference is sunline and ygk not because of the writing on the box but most of is a 8 strand braid not a 4 strand, it's thinner and it's more developed. As for pros using fireline most if the events major is pure fishing who is the biggest seller of tackle in the world and they own berkley and many more brands. So if your sponsored you have to use their gear.

I'm not saying what your selling isn't good but it's not for me for these reasons

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

keep_itsimple wrote:I'm not starting an argument, I was saying that I've seen this same Post a few times and either someone was spamming the site or you going to contribute. My personal preference is sunline and ygk not because of the writing on the box but most of is a 8 strand braid not a 4 strand, it's thinner and it's more developed. As for pros using fireline most if the events major is pure fishing who is the biggest seller of tackle in the world and they own berkley and many more brands. So if your sponsored you have to use their gear.

I'm not saying what your selling isn't good but it's not for me for these reasons

Me I am about to change back to mono from braid for certain types of fishing. I like braid until there is a tangle, then I hate it with a passion, especially when it is a large tangle.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Last edited by shazdoggg on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Me I am about to change back to mono from braid for certain types of fishing. I like braid until there is a tangle, then I hate it with a passion, especially when it is a large tangle.

I almost think I warned you about this already Wally :tongue:

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”