Fake Power Pro on eBay

SFP Chick

Re: Fake Power Pro on eBay

Post by SFP Chick » Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 pm

huskie wrote:isn't PowerPro distributed by Shimano? if not why would it be in the same box?
Hi huskie,

I would like to offer you a spool of my braid for free. I will also pickup the postage charges.

If you would like to try it, just have a look on the website & let me know which one you would like.

Don't forget to pm me your name & address.

I really feel for you mate.

I hope to help restore your faith in humanity. There are some genuine operators out there including on Ebay. It's just a shame that there is always that element who have to sour things.

Cheers Amanda:-)

WyldFisher

Post by WyldFisher » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Why would anyone want PowerPro anyway Lol? Platypus all the way! I run 2lb braid and it breaks at slightly less than 8lb. Just my two cents. Oh and it's thin as hair! :)

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/tes ... id-2lb/8lb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Tue May 21, 2013 7:15 am

wokka1 wrote:That seller has been mentioned before on forums, there is a reason why it's so cheap for an Aus seller and you've found out why. For legit PP try scissortailsports on ebay.

ps...I like the way the chick in your avatar is holding that rod ;)
Scissortail sports very good, if you want USA supplier then try catfishsupplyco or capbelas.
Tight lines = Good Times!

huskie

Post by huskie » Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 am

SFP Chick wrote:
huskie wrote:isn't PowerPro distributed by Shimano? if not why would it be in the same box?
Hi huskie,

I would like to offer you a spool of my braid for free. I will also pickup the postage charges.

If you would like to try it, just have a look on the website & let me know which one you would like.

Don't forget to pm me your name & address.

I really feel for you mate.

I hope to help restore your faith in humanity. There are some genuine operators out there including on Ebay. It's just a shame that there is always that element who have to sour things.

Cheers Amanda:-)
Thanks Amanda.

Much appreciated. I did pm you the same but im sure you understand this't isn't a stab at ebay sellers, just one that i received, ive bought better no name braid on ebay that was 1/3rd of the price as this USA version. Im happy to buy on ebay but going fwd will just pick and choose the good sellers like yourself.
"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it"
- William Feather

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Oh i totally get it,

I have got some stuff off ebay that seems great, and when it arrived i have put in the bin !!

It's a bit of a minefield on there sometimes. It's such a shame that there has to be people who spoil it for others.

Anyway on another note, i just wanted to mention how uncanny how similiar the picture of your avatar is when compared to the picture that was recently taken of me !! OMG im a spunk !!

:icon_lolz: :icon_lolz: :super: :super:
Attachments
Photo0255 - Copy.jpg
Photo0255 - Copy.jpg (69.61 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

huskie

Post by huskie » Fri May 24, 2013 10:38 am

Just found out where they are buying this cheap chinese line from:

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-300yard ... ml#s1-22-1

I lodged a complaint this morning with my local police station this morning after the seller made me send it back on the promise of a refund.
- William Feather

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 am

O boy.... the language on that website....

" If you want to buy a lot of our products, you can contact me, we have factories customization, give you a fanny shopping trip" :Dribble:

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Fri May 24, 2013 11:28 am

CrazyChenski wrote:O boy.... the language on that website....

" If you want to buy a lot of our products, you can contact me, we have factories customization, give you a fanny shopping trip" :Dribble:
Probably wouldn't have my size. :banana:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

MK10

Post by MK10 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

Great post! :thumbsup: Also sorry to hear you were on the receiving end of this deception.

Timely reminder of the inherent risks associated with buying products online and from unknown suppliers.

huskie

Post by huskie » Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

MK10 wrote:Great post! :thumbsup: Also sorry to hear you were on the receiving end of this deception.

Timely reminder of the inherent risks associated with buying products online and from unknown suppliers.
True, but in saying this i have had some great people come forward who sell on ebay and i have bought what i am after, thanks especially to Amanda for just offering some braid!!! i have never left or had negative feedback left for me, this was a first.

Its a shame that a few bad eggs spoil the bunch. I don't really care about the $70, i lost this in the last minute trading indicies. Even though paypal will most likely refund it.

edit: Paypal have refunded the transaction since writing this. :thumbsup:
Last edited by huskie on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- William Feather

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”