eBay Tackle.

Master-pro

Re: eBay Tackle.

Post by Master-pro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm

And instinct shayne! :)
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Linc

Post by Linc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Don't buy cheap braid in general, off ebay or anywhere else, it's just frustrating, tangles too easily and brakes like cotton.

Sinkers on the other hand are a great bargain on ebay, you've got a bunch of blokes making them in their garage and selling them in bulk for way less than the tackle shops, I say buy lots of sinkers on ebay (I'm one of those blokes in the garage) :)

MattypVic

Post by MattypVic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I brought 10 squid jigs off eBay for $25 still got a few and have caught a few squid on them but they probably don't last as long as the more expensive ones.
Though for $25 I'd probably rather the 10 than one good one

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Mickc wrote:Anyone tried the cheap braid
On the braid, have heard from a couple of tackle shops (that will go unnamed) that most braid sold come from the same places in China. Spoke to one owner who said he was thinking of buying it in large qtys for his store because the quality was exactly the same and it could be sold at under a quarter of the price.... I appreciate that the general saying is "you get what you pay for" .... but maybe with braid, there is an exception? :dontknow

Kinda just hoping that is the case..... braid is damn expensive

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I've bought hooks from eBay as well with no issues. The good thing is I can throw them out after a few uses. Only coz there cheap and don't have to worry about sharpening hooks. My 3 cents. :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm

bought majority of my terminal tackles ebay or online. Need to research the items you are after and know your supplier well.

My gamakatsu hooks are half the price the shops are selling for so can't complain at all.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I buy from here.
About $10-15 per 100 for circles. awesome quality, (i use eagle claw or vmc)

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 am

raco09 wrote:I've bought hooks from eBay as well with no issues. The good thing is I can throw them out after a few uses. Only coz there cheap and don't have to worry about sharpening hooks. My 3 cents. :thumbsup:
You would be suprised where some of the cheaper hooks (not all cheap hooks) and brand names like gamikatsu come from. Possibly the same factory. :o Just something interesting I heard once.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 pm

I bought 4 reels off ebay about 3 years ago and at first I thought they were pretty good. We went down to Merimbula for a week and the reels were never in salt water or sand and when I got home they were corroded to the ****. My normal reels cheap shimano/diawa were fine. The last time I will be fishing gear off ebay to save a couple of dollars. :sod:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Linc

Post by Linc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm

raco09 wrote:You would be suprised where some of the cheaper hooks (not all cheap hooks) and brand names like gamikatsu come from. Possibly the same factory. :o Just something interesting I heard once.
Even if a product is made in the same factory as a big brand, it doesn't always mean the quality standards are the same. I work for a large import/wholesaler and have seen products of very different quality coming out of the same factory, it is usually the brand owner that sets the quality standards and testing, not the factory. The factory just produces to whatever spec the buyer wishes.

That being said, some factories will use the identical spec as the big brands and slap their own generic brand on it... this is when you can get a real bargain, but it's very hard to sort out from the crap.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”