Braids, Normal or PE Braids. There is so much confusion

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Braids, Normal or PE Braids. There is so much confusion

Post by frozenpod » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Looks good.

The braid I use now is from Paulus, Tasline. It maybe from the Gosen factory it is white no fancy coatings or colours just top quality fibers and **** loads of them weaved together.

The game reels use 8 x 215 strands diameter is 0.545mm and the bull of 130lb has been tested at 137lb. Also called PE 8

The lighter line is stupidly thin as well with PE 1.8 30lb being 4x100 0.26mm.

For comparison the PE 1 has 8 x 30 and is 0.18mm rated 18lb.

IMO this is the by far the best braid I have used to date, very soft smooth and great for casting.

TackleNut

Re: Braids, Normal or PE Braids. There is so much confusion

Post by TackleNut » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:57 pm

frozenpod wrote:Looks good.

The braid I use now is from Paulus, Tasline. It maybe from the Gosen factory it is white no fancy coatings or colours just top quality fibers and sh*t loads of them weaved together.

The game reels use 8 x 215 strands diameter is 0.545mm and the bull of 130lb has been tested at 137lb. Also called PE 8

The lighter line is stupidly thin as well with PE 1.8 30lb being 4x100 0.26mm.

For comparison the PE 1 has 8 x 30 and is 0.18mm rated 18lb.

IMO this is the by far the best braid I have used to date, very soft smooth and great for casting.
Hi Frozenpond,
Sorry to say that it's not made by the Gosen factory, nor is it made in Japan. It's from USA materials.
As for being the thinnest I have braids from some major players that are the thiner, same or nearly the same, less than 0.01mm. Thats from their web page, not me making it up. And it's their premium market line, as the web page says they have 3 series of lines, the Value Range, the Premium range and the Elite range is top.
To me the specs on the Value range and Premium range isn't all that exiting, the Value range being a 3 carrier line, the Premium up to 50lb being a 4 carrier line and from the look of it the Elite is all over the place, with 15lb being 8 carrier the 18lb at 3 carrier and then 20lb being 4 carrier while the 25lb is 6 carrier. All the carriers are different thickness of course.
Dude I don't know why they would even bother with the 50lb again being 8 carrier, 55lb being 5 carrier, 60 being 6 carrier and then 65 back to 8 carrier.
Really I woiuldn't expect the 4 or 5 carrier lines to be as smooth as the 8 or higher carriers that they make.
I do hope that they do make good lines, something to give the Japs a kick in the bum.
Good value for $ ? Lets wait and see how they shape up, I wish them all the best going toe to toe with the big boys from Japan or even USA, if they wanted to make all sorts of different carrier line configurations and carrier denier/ sizes. That's got to hurt production run times for sure.
Personally I think we should all use Platypus lines. At least thats made here.
cheers
Tacklenut

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”