Red tubing.

Hardyakka

Red tubing.

Post by Hardyakka » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Setting up my whiting outfits in bulk, where can i get that red tubing stuff? preferably in bulk.

Also whats a better whiting rig? Running sinker or paternoster?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Red tubing.

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Came to thread thinking you were talking about a different type of red tube.

Pretty disappointed right now

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 pm

I know Arthur Daley's has a pack of tubing, it has all colours in it, some is red. I use it for my whiting rigs. For whiting my preferred rig is a mini version of a westernport snapper rig, ie a running sinker rig using an ezi rig and the sinker on a 300mm dropper. I also use 300mm of tubing over the sinker dropper to help stop the sinker dropper from tangling with the main leader. Although this might be getting a bit over the top because I've caught plenty of whiting on much simpler rigs (both basic running sinker and long dropper paternoster rigs.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm

A paternoster rig, therefore 2x hooks/baits per rig. Both hooks close to the bottom, with bottom hook having a longer leader. I don't bother with tubing, I just use 2-3 beads. It's just something to grab their eye really. The rod you have in your hand, that you ever so slowly retrieve back, bouncing the sinker along the bottom slightly stirring the sand, moving the bait ever so gently, will be the rod that catches the most ting. A moving bait can make all the difference...

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 pm

I bought a pack of multi colored tubes from lindcraft for $2 5 years ago. Still got about 3/4 of them.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Hardyakka

Post by Hardyakka » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the advice DougieK. Dropped into the local Spotlight (sort of like Lindcraft). Got about 6m of red and green tube for about 2bucks!!!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Rigmaster tackle sells the red tube plus soft red beads that glow he also has it in flouro green

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Redhunter wrote:A paternoster rig, therefore 2x hooks/baits per rig. Both hooks close to the bottom, with bottom hook having a longer leader. I don't bother with tubing, I just use 2-3 beads. It's just something to grab their eye really. The rod you have in your hand, that you ever so slowly retrieve back, bouncing the sinker along the bottom slightly stirring the sand, moving the bait ever so gently, will be the rod that catches the most ting. A moving bait can make all the difference...
Word. It's amazing how much they like the slow retrieve, they just can't help themselves.

Robbo94

Post by Robbo94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Kimtown wrote:Came to thread thinking you were talking about a different type of red tube.

Pretty disappointed right now

Makes 2 of us haha :rofl:

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”