Fluro

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Fluro

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 pm

hornet wrote:This is when it all turned pear shaped. I felt one treble pull out, followed by a second and then the inevitable happened and the line went slack. It took a moment or two to realise that the fish was gone.

I wish I had that power ! just imagine you know how many hooks pull out one at a time on a fish your fighting... Paleeeees..

Rest of the article was informative.
Exactly. Then he continues to say what he originally mistook for hooks falling out, was actually individual strands of the leader breaking

Full of ****

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Not sure about individual strands breaking, but you can certainly feel trebles pull from the fishes mouth when they are going for a decent run and taking line.. ive had it happen to me quite a few times with bream. and also the muloway i caught few months ago.

also im not so sure about the visibilty thing either, i do believe that FC has a better refraction index to mono.
quite a big difference is made running 4lb mono and 3lb FC to catch rates some days.

For eg. in one of Mr worstelings videos, you can see him and another Old dude baitfish for bream under a jetty.
They Both use Peeled Prwan i believe, but only worsteling was catching. he then goes on to mention that Old mate here is using Mono line, so lets switch that over to FC, and voila old mate starts catching too.

anyway i have enough stock in my preffered breaking strains of FC leader so im not bothered either way.

i must say though ive caught plenty of bream on lures using 4lb Berkley trilene mono ( the clear coloured one)

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 pm

You can definitely feel trebles pulling out of a fish's mouth. It's happened to me countless times, and always leaves your heart in your mouth. An interesting read for sure. I'll keep using fluoro because I have confidence in it, but food for thought nonetheless.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Yeah for kgw , n gars I'll use fluro,gummy,reds,squid, flattys,mullet ect Just mono

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:19 pm

"This is when it all turned pear shaped. I felt one treble pull out, followed by a second "

I'm having trouble with this statement even though some of the guy's here claim they can also feel trebles come out one at a time ?

When trebles let go completely yeah you feel all the weight gone but individual hooks one at a time... I'm not convinced.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:26 pm

hornet wrote:"This is when it all turned pear shaped. I felt one treble pull out, followed by a second "

I'm having trouble with this statement even though some of the guy's here claim they can also feel trebles come out one at a time ?

When trebles let go completely yeah you feel all the weight gone but individual hooks one at a time... I'm not convinced.
:cheers:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Nightwish wrote:
hornet wrote:"This is when it all turned pear shaped. I felt one treble pull out, followed by a second "

:cheers:
You can definitely feel it, using a hard body with two sets of trebles the, typically front, treble can pop out when you put too much pressure on from the wrong angle and it gives a bit of a jolt.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Very suspicious of fluro's benefits, I use it for leaders but I think I will just use mono from now on. Fishing in shallow water for finicky bream I can see the benefits but outside of that I am not convinced it is worth the money.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 pm

for me its fluro but i will tye on a good mono this summer and see if it makes a difference with my soft plastic fishing

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”