I hate braid

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: I hate braid

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:22 am

Fish-cador wrote:
greggo wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: Did i miss something? Where is that post? :( when was that?
http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... 44#p168344
Thanks. Will look at it on a pc. Ths freakin' mobile phone wont open the link nor let me copy the whole lot. When i click on it the phone tries to dial the numbers. :down:
Saw it. wow that was 2015. :o_0:

I totally missed that one but if you are still keen to have a friendly session afterwork or weekend, I sent you my mobile phone via PM. This week looks like a bust for SP fishing in the city locations.
forecast.png
forecast.png (106.72 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
I am off work from Dec 23 PM to Jan 3. I will definitely go fishing when I can. SMS me when you are planning to go LB fishing and I will make time to meet you for a catch up.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Will do. PM sent.

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
dezza68 wrote:Its never caused me any issues at the gunn. :)
I ditched mono due to issue of twists. I will pay to watch you spin up and down gunners using 20lb line max and still manage to maintain the integrity of your mono.
Not sure what you mean with the integrity? I often go down to 8lb line with no problems. As long as your cast is smooth there are no issues with it. Only thing you have to do is hang the lure for a few seconds before recasting. This stops the line twist issues, I do the same with braid but no idea if it helps. Its just habit. As to distance I think the light lines cast just as far, certainly never looked at anyone throwing it out significantly past where I do. I use braid when I'm float fishing at distance as the lack of stretch helps then, just dont feel the need in the surf.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”