Seen it all now

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Seen it all now

Post by Brett » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:12 am

ducky wrote: http://www.ejtodd.com.au/sunline_egi_leader_fc.html

The range is 6-12lb. I sussed out the sales pitch to see what made it "different" from ordinary fluro
Thought you may have gone searching, but also wasn't sure if the pic had been changed.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:16 am

Even at the most snag free squid grounds of all time you'd want to have a super cheap supply of jigs if you're using below 10lb imo. Definitely a weird range of line ratings. Then again they are in business to sell tackle not keep your squid jig connected. Haha

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:30 am

ducky wrote:Even at the most snag free squid grounds of all time you'd want to have a super cheap supply of jigs if you're using below 10lb imo. Definitely a weird range of line ratings. Then again they are in business to sell tackle not keep your squid jig connected. Haha
Too true ducky, I have experimented with 8lb around reef island as there aren't too many snags but didn't notice my catch rate go up at all and started to lose jigs due to the line actually snapping after a bit of use. I'm pretty aggressive with my action though. Can't imagine why anyone would risk 6lb.

12lb seems good unless your fishing from flinders pier, then I suggest you use anchor rope if you want to come home with any jigs still in your kit. There must be $thousands of jigs down there! And they're just the ones I've lost.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 am

I use up to 20lb and still lose jigs. Haha. But 1:10th of the amount I did when I was using 10lb

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”