aldi braid

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: aldi braid

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:15 am

Lightningx wrote:I haven't used it personally myself but some of my friends have and I have only heard good things about it. Sounds like for the price you pay its not bad stuff :)
I have used it and like it and I will use it again, but I keep missing the sales.

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:51 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Lightningx wrote:I haven't used it personally myself but some of my friends have and I have only heard good things about it. Sounds like for the price you pay its not bad stuff :)
I have used it and like it and I will use it again, but I keep missing the sales.
Same here..ive got some on one reel..would be happy to have more
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:06 pm

Nightwish wrote:
Bugalugs wrote:I know it's a late reply to this topic, but I've found I'm having a few tangle issues with the Aldi Braid - it seems when I'm winding it back on the reel, one of the "loops" doesn't sit tight on the spool and when I do the next cast, it pulls out several loops at once and tangles.
But perhaps that's more a technique issue, than a problem with the braid.
The other thing is that it's more "noisy" when under load - you can hear the strands of the braid running through the rod, more so than any other braid I've used.
Being more noisy than other braids do you think it is doing any damage to the line guides?
Yeah that's a very good point. I have only used a couple of other braids previously and they were nowhere near as 'noisy'. You can really notice it. I'll have a look at the line guides. This one also seems a bit thicker which reduces the length of the cast a bit.

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Bugalugs wrote:I know it's a late reply to this topic, but I've found I'm having a few tangle issues with the Aldi Braid - it seems when I'm winding it back on the reel, one of the "loops" doesn't sit tight on the spool and when I do the next cast, it pulls out several loops at once and tangles.
But perhaps that's more a technique issue, than a problem with the braid.
The other thing is that it's more "noisy" when under load - you can hear the strands of the braid running through the rod, more so than any other braid I've used.
can you get a pic , this sounds like the spool is over full .
I'll try to get a pic soon, but it could be a combination of both user error and over full (although I didn't think the spool was too full - perhaps it is)
I mainly use this reel for lure fishing so sometimes the retrieve might be a bit slack to start with and that could throw a loop before the slack gets taken up and the line then goes on tighter. I often am not looking at the reel before I cast - just trying to get it back out in the water again.
Thanks for the suggestions. As I say, I'll get a pic when I can

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:26 pm

I used to have that happen a lot. Get into the habit of closing the bail manually and not by turning the handle. You'll find less slack line forms when you do this.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Very true mate. I always do it manually as well :thumbsup:

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:57 am

Basti wrote:I used to have that happen a lot. Get into the habit of closing the bail manually and not by turning the handle. You'll find less slack line forms when you do this.
That's a good tip. :thumbsup:

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks guys - I usually manually close the bail arm, so perhaps it's more my technique that's causing it.
Here's a pic of the spool. Is it too full? I might try and take a small amount off .... thoughts?
thanks
Neil
Attachments
IMG_3109_sml.jpg

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:26 pm

depends what sought of fishing your doing.
if your flicking lures if might be a bit much because the braid wont go on as tight as when you spool it.
or if your bottom bashing with weights it will be fine.

i would leave it like that till you use it and if needed then remove some because just to add a few more meters is hard

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Thanks smile0784. I actually use it for both lure and bait, but it's only when lure fishing that it's had the tangles. So it seems I need to be more vigilant when I flip the bail arm back and try to make sure it spools more tightly back on the reel. I guess I'm watching the line out on the water more than what's going back on the reel. I'm usually using fairly small blades, soft plastics and HB's so there's not much weight on the line which is where the slack can come into the equation.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”