Has liked: 54 times

aldi braid

Post by sandef » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:48 pm

bought some aldi braid has anyone used it and is it any good was $10 / spool

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: aldi braid

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Never used it myself but I know a few people on the kayak forum swear by it.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

ThomasG

Post by ThomasG » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Yeah, Ive used it, it was ok.
I am starting to go off braid and going back to nylon. Just a personal preference.

Cheers....ThomasG

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:20 pm

ThomasG wrote:Yeah, Ive used it, it was ok.
I am starting to go off braid and going back to nylon. Just a personal preference.

Cheers....ThomasG
I'm the same mate I think the Berkley Trilene is better than any braid I've used :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:23 pm

300m of 50lb for $12 how could u miss? I've spooled up my gummy rod with it n whilst I haven't landed any big ones with it yet I've pulled in a few rays with it haven't had any fray issues yet.. In saying that the rod doesn't get a lot of use.. Also got 12lb but haven't used it yet. It definately looks thicker than most reputable brands but at a fraction of the price who's complaining?

Boonies my mate uses nothing but trike me n swears by it.. Haven't used it before.. Is it just thinner mono what's the go with it?
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Keenfisho

Post by Keenfisho » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:26 pm

As the old saying goes, You get what you pay for. Bottom bashing it might be alright but personally I wouldn't go near the stuff.

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 pm

I've got 30lb loaded up on one of my regular rigs and its been fine. Its not the thinnest but it works ok.
Cast, catch and put it back

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:39 pm

BIG GAV wrote:300m of 50lb for $12 how could u miss? I've spooled up my gummy rod with it n whilst I haven't landed any big ones with it yet I've pulled in a few rays with it haven't had any fray issues yet.. In saying that the rod doesn't get a lot of use.. Also got 12lb but haven't used it yet. It definately looks thicker than most reputable brands but at a fraction of the price who's complaining?

Boonies my mate uses nothing but trike me n swears by it.. Haven't used it before.. Is it just thinner mono what's the go with it?
Yes mate very thin hardly ever get tangles and strong as. I think it's personal preference and I don't fish real heavy so maybe I would find braid better with heavier gear.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Boonanza wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:300m of 50lb for $12 how could u miss? I've spooled up my gummy rod with it n whilst I haven't landed any big ones with it yet I've pulled in a few rays with it haven't had any fray issues yet.. In saying that the rod doesn't get a lot of use.. Also got 12lb but haven't used it yet. It definately looks thicker than most reputable brands but at a fraction of the price who's complaining?

Yes mate very thin hardly ever get tangles and strong as. I think it's personal preference and I don't fish real heavy so maybe I would find braid better with heavier gear.
Have been using Berkley Trilene for awhile as well I cant fault it either, over half of my reels are spooled with it and its great with knots as well as what you have mentioned.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Would trilene go alright on overhead reels for surfcasting? Would be looking at 25-30lb breaking strain?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”