aldi braid

fishpod

Re: aldi braid

Post by fishpod » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Looks too thick for plastics and lures, I only use 4lb or 6lb for that type of fishing, I reckon that's why your getting loose line and tangles

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 pm

I think it was 8 or 10lb - it was the smallest they had at the time, so I grabbed it, hoping it would be ok.
I'll keep an eye out for another fishing gear sale - who knows - with snapper season and the opening of trout season approaching they might have more fishing gear for sale again.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 am

Where do you find the knot when you cast? Closer to the spool or the lure? Spool means you're not keeping tension when you click the bail over.

Bugalugs

Post by Bugalugs » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:23 am

The knot definitely comes from the spool - as I sometimes see it run up through the guides (with a lot of verbal cursing). As I thought, it's probably a technique thing - not winding the line tightly enough onto the spool. I'm about to head down to The Bemm in a few weeks time so it will get a good working out down there. I might just look around in the meantime for some new braid to load up the reel with.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:53 am

Bugalugs wrote:The knot definitely comes from the spool - as I sometimes see it run up through the guides (with a lot of verbal cursing). As I thought, it's probably a technique thing - not winding the line tightly enough onto the spool. I'm about to head down to The Bemm in a few weeks time so it will get a good working out down there. I might just look around in the meantime for some new braid to load up the reel with.
Line twist also affects braid, so if you put a twist in it when respooling it will definitely develope a knot, some refer to it as a wind knot.

fishing_minnow

Post by fishing_minnow » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:23 pm

By the way, the next sale is on the 28th of October 2017 if you guys are keen :D

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”