Jig heads ...soft plastics..

Fishing1

Re: Jig heads ...soft plastics..

Post by Fishing1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 am

Buy from tackle shops when discount is on. At least u can return them if there is any issue. So far all my jigheads from tackle store got no problem. Touch wood touch wood.

Snapper Snatcher
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Snapper Snatcher » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:33 am

ducky wrote:I've bought a pack but havent tied them on yet SS. Prefer themover the TT's or does cost play a factor?
For smaller stuff like pinkies, trout etc I don't really have a preference over the two but for jewie fishing I much prefer the atomics over tt headlocks. I use the 6/0-7/0 1/3 oz and they are perfect for 5" plastics. a lot sharper and they stay sharp compared to the headlocks which I find get a little blunt after a fish or two.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:05 pm

As long as it has a Gama hook and the lead plastic keeper I use them. Atomics are really good as are TTs. Snapped a couple of 1/0 and 2/0 hooks on decent red carp a few years ago. But a 5/0 Atomic is still razor sharp with no rust after a few Kingfish and other assorted bycatch like Couta and Parrotfish. I actually retied the same jighead from January back onto a new leader yesterday ready for the upcoming season

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah SS that's the weight I bought 1/3oz, I think it was in 5/0 though. Perfect jighead size for keeping onto the bottom in 4-5m of flow regardless of tide etc. Was previously tossing up between 1/4 and 3/8th.

I'll grab a few of the 6/0 and 7/0's for coota as I'm still needing some of the bigger hooks for stuff like 5.8inch swing impact fats.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”