'8 carrier' low vis green braid around 4lb!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: '8 carrier' low vis green braid around 4lb!

Post by purple5ive » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Just get some sunline super pe in 8lb. It will still cast as good aa 4lb mono. And will be a lot better to manage
Although if using spinners you will get a lot of line twists on braid.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Just sayin' but I binned my super PE - had lots of issues with weird random break-offs. Asked about it on BM and I wasn't alone. Dunno if it was a dodgy batch but it put me off. I'm running 6lb gekka and power pro at the moment - gekka on the finesse outfit - crazy thin for it's breaking strain

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:55 pm

A good cheap line is Varivas high grade pe, I have it on 3 reels and it's been perfect. Not the quality of the more expensive braids, but I'm not a fan of spending **** loads on braid.

At $25 a spool it's awesome and would rate it higher than the super pe.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:08 pm

sloth wrote:Just sayin' but I binned my super PE - had lots of issues with weird random break-offs. Asked about it on BM and I wasn't alone. Dunno if it was a dodgy batch but it put me off. I'm running 6lb gekka and power pro at the moment - gekka on the finesse outfit - crazy thin for it's breaking strain
never had any issues on the 8lb, not sure on other breaking strains, the 6 wasn't that good from what I heard.
I have varivas milky and rate it high. must try the new high grade version josh has recommended soon.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:25 pm

purple5ive wrote:
sloth wrote:Just sayin' but I binned my super PE - had lots of issues with weird random break-offs. Asked about it on BM and I wasn't alone. Dunno if it was a dodgy batch but it put me off. I'm running 6lb gekka and power pro at the moment - gekka on the finesse outfit - crazy thin for it's breaking strain
never had any issues on the 8lb, not sure on other breaking strains, the 6 wasn't that good from what I heard.
I have varivas milky and rate it high. must try the new high grade version josh has recommended soon.
I had a couple of spools of super pe and had a pretty shitty batch at one point. Took it off and put milky on. Didn't rate that either. Haha. Funny how these things work.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:45 pm

ducky wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
I had a couple of spools of super pe and had a pretty shitty batch at one point. Took it off and put milky on. Didn't rate that either. Haha. Funny how these things work.
my current little 1000 stradic i use super pe in 8lb, stood up fine with little 40-50cm pinkys and what me and mazman think was a 10kg or so gummy untill i locked the drag up on a big run it took.
had the line for 2 months.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:39 pm

The 8lb was the one I had issues with. Reckon there was just a dodgy batch going round, I was probably just unlucky. Not game to give it another run.

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 am

Never had probs with the 8lb super PE, great line for price.
The 6lb on the other hand would ghost break far too often.

toygtr

Post by toygtr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:31 am

Ive been using power pro 3 lb, but putting on frog 4 lb now. Is a 8 strand braid, super thin and true 4lb braking strain. its orange tho not green.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”