shimano stradic ci4+

GTSHoon

Re: shimano stradic ci4+

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:24 pm

I've got one with 8lb line its awesome weight and the reel is perfect for light rods like my nitro heavy rods you don't need something as expensive,
Hope that helps
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Fc - Cant beat Daiwa for looks. its one reason i didnt get the stradic and went for the caldia.

cheers
Daiwa does not work......just ask Raco :rofl: :rofl:
Daiwa works just fine. The line will depend on how well it works. I'll choose a different type of braid for the next reel I purchase. And last of all, bugger off... :tease:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm

raco09 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Fc - Cant beat Daiwa for looks. its one reason i didnt get the stradic and went for the caldia.

cheers
Daiwa works just fine. The line will depend on how well it works. I'll choose a different type of braid for the next reel I purchase. And last of all, bugger off... :tease:
You mean the reel that you have already purchased. By the way have you put line on your stradic yet?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
raco09 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

cheers
You mean the reel that you have already purchased. By the way have you put line on your stradic yet?
no i havent. does it matter?? :icon_lolz: i havent purchased a reel. :Blah:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Fishsniper wrote:If I were to buy a stradic I wouldn't put anything more than 4lb braid on it to get the full enjoyment of it. what is it with people and size 2500 reels always wanting to put 10lb on them? Small reel small line.
your 2500 reel is too big for "4lb" line. 2500size reels are more suited for PE1.0-1.5.

most of the "4lb" american braids are actually PE0.6 which is around 12lb breaking strain, and is more suited for reels 1500,2000,2506 etc

what is it with elitist 4lb liner people always wanting to patronise other anglers?
Last edited by chillicrab on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Fishsniper wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Fishsniper wrote:If I were to buy a stradic I wouldn't put anything more than 4lb braid on it to get the full enjoyment of it. what is it with people and size 2500 reels always wanting to put 10lb on them? Small reel small line.
i will have to disgree there my friend.
there are some lines now that have a pe rating of .6 but breakign strain at 12lb the stradic can handle around the 7kg drag mark so a line class of upto 20lb can easily be put in there. these days a lot of people including myself are targetting fish on lighter lines to have some more fun, the newer generation reels are so light thats it can be used to cast lures the whole day so a lot of people target bigger fish with a bigger lines class on smaller reels and rods.
but at the end of the day whetever you want to put on it is your choice...
OK, I see where your coming from I was thinking more for casting lures and plastics as well as bay species, but if you really want to have some fun then I would still be using 4 to 6 lb braid, I use it out in the bay and have never had a problem with the bigger species just back your drag off a bit and away you go. I don't think you would have any problem casting a Sienna around all day anyway.
pe 1 4lb and pe 1 12lb will be the same thickness, having the same feel, the fibers are just stronger. if the pe is the same the fun will not change, still has near the same feel to the lure...

someone..else.. can go into strands, weave and what not.

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:40 pm

but on that topic, stretch the budget..

http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/pro ... -reel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought a daiwa heartland xa before they discontinued..same price.

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 pm

went the next step and got the sustain 2500fg. Felt them both at store and the sustain was 10 dollars cheaper than the stradic ci4+.
With more bearings.

The ci4 felt very light tho, however!
Lightness may be its weakness, it feels abit to light....The rod does not feel as balanced as the sustain. Anyway post pic after:!

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”