recommend a Rod for flicking lures <20g ?

GTSHoon

Re: recommend a Rod for flicking lures <20g ?

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 am

Alwaysloud wrote:Thanks.

I saw some spin rods for flicking soft plastics weight rating 5g-15g but the action of the rod was medium to fast. Wouldn't the ideal SP flicking rod for 5g to 15g be a slow action tip basically has a lot of bend ?.
Not as such having a very stiff rod allows you to cast a bit further and means you can impart more action on a lure
Cam :thumbsup:
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:42 am

If you want to throw squid jigs and heavier plastics I suggest the gladiator egi equip 7'2. That throws jigheads in the 1/6th to 1/2oz pretty well but definitely not finesse plastics. Retails around $99

If you want a finesse plastics outfit something rated from 0.5-5gram is best. I wouldn't throw squid jigs on this outfit.

Alwaysloud

Post by Alwaysloud » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm

ducky wrote:If you want to throw squid jigs and heavier plastics I suggest the gladiator egi equip 7'2. That throws jigheads in the 1/6th to 1/2oz pretty well but definitely not finesse plastics. Retails around $99

If you want a finesse plastics outfit something rated from 0.5-5gram is best. I wouldn't throw squid jigs on this outfit.

What sort of action tip does the egi equi have ?. Is it slow?

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm

the egi rods are a bit different. they are tapered differently than a typical spin rod. i still use a spin rod for my squid jigs. but looking to invest in a egi rod just for squid fishing. the action of the egi rod i much better suited for squid fishing. if you use too light of a spin rod you will actually break it jigging for squid if you jig the way i learned. because you give 3 to 4 really fast hard pulls on the rod to make the jig swim then let it sink back down.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 pm

It's not the stiffest rod in the world buts its definitely no noodle. Probably medium action. The web says its a slow taper but I don't find it noodley whatsoever.

Denada

Post by Denada » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 am

Abuthen wrote:
Alwaysloud wrote: Anyone had any good experience with any of the Shimano rods for flicking lures?.
I flick lures with this .. cheap and good..

http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Wate ... nza-2500FA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can't see much of the rod itself in their pics, but its sexy. lol
I hope you are right, just placed an order for this purely cos I'm drunk >___< Hope I can start flicking light SP

:>

and yeah ducky is definitely right, the taper can't be slow, its fast, nice and stiff just like my......... sephia bb r :>

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”