Graphite Surf Rod for casting distance?

sal.fonzi

Re: Graphite Surf Rod for casting distance?

Post by sal.fonzi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:26 am

Have a ring around.. I know gone fishin on lathams rd stock them and so does fishing fever. If ur in the south eastern suburbs..

sal.fonzi

Post by sal.fonzi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:32 am

They are a nice stiff tip.. not sure on the action myself as all that fast xfast medium and slow becomes confusing to me.. you could also check out the penn series of surf rods.. I cant speak from experience but my mates use them and will swear by them

berazafi

Post by berazafi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

The samkaki is medium-fast, the nitro is fast to x fast

Mick.S

Post by Mick.S » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:45 am

Hi, before you fork out any money, why not try to improve your casting?
With few simple tips and techniques and bit of practice, I don't think that you will have a problem improving your distance. I would suggest you check out this web site: http://www.australiansurfcastingfederation.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alwaysloud

Post by Alwaysloud » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm considering two rods the Daiwa Sensor Surf 10' MFS and the Daiwa Seajigger SJ 325, 11FT

Anyone used them or had a play with them how's the casting on these setup with a light reel?.

Thanks

sal.fonzi

Post by sal.fonzi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm

My mate has the sensor surf 13ft.. 2 of them.. they cast a mile.. not sure about the 10ft model though

Alwaysloud

Post by Alwaysloud » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 pm

sal.fonzi wrote:They are a nice stiff tip.. not sure on the action myself as all that fast xfast medium and slow becomes confusing to me.. you could also check out the penn series of surf rods.. I cant speak from experience but my mates use them and will swear by them

In regards to the Penn Fishing rods which surf rod models are the ones to go for ? I am looking for a rod to add a spinning reel on it.

Mick.S

Post by Mick.S » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Comes down to what you want use the surf rod for, spinning, bait fishing (light) or bait fishing heavy (6-7oz) sinkers + big bait, what type of reel you want to use etc....

I have Nitro Messiah, Daiwa rods, other 12' spin stick, and if I'm doing spinning I would be taking one of these rods, but if I am bait fishing from rocks and surf and am targeting toothies, then I pull out one of few Century rods. Best thing I have ever bought. If you are interested, check out this:

http://www.centurysea.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quality of these rods vs the rods we locally get here on Australian market is really something.

Alwaysloud

Post by Alwaysloud » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:58 pm

I'll be targetting whiting, tailor, snapper pretty much any fish under 100cm under 9kg. I'll be looking at casting baits and lures. In regards to the sinkers 1oz to 3oz pretty much any rod between 28g-110g roughly. I did have a look at the century rods they are nice but I am looking at spending max 250$ I just don't what is out there at the moment for a good surf casting rod that can manage 100M+ thats in the price range of $0 - $250.

Mick.S

Post by Mick.S » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Fair enough mate, you won't have a problem finding something in that range to tick all your boxes

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”