Daiwa Reel's

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Daiwa Reel's

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 pm

agree on the Miker. Sweepfire is an entry level reel but compared to entry level Shimano reels, Daiwa looked bad on this product. For almost the same price as Shimano, I will never buy this Daiwa (again). Look at the pictures on the other topic. They are worlds apart.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Fish-cador wrote:agree on the Miker. Sweepfire is an entry level reel but compared to entry level Shimano reels, Daiwa looked bad on this product. For almost the same price as Shimano, I will never buy this Daiwa (again). Look at the pictures on the other topic. They are worlds apart.
Looks can be very deceving as in the case with the budget Daiwa's.
Did you use a budget Shimano Reel for your comparision ? We know all the answer to that, why didn't you pull apart those reels that it's up against.
BUt I would still put money on the cheapest Daiwa to go head to head with the Sienna or Slade.
Daiwa Enginerring, well you just can't beat it, poor Shimano haven't had a decent reel in years, they just keep rehashing out the Stella in new series every 18 months or so. What are they up to now, the little ones are what, FE ? and the bigger models are SW's ????
And while Shimano makes a nice mid range reel in the Stradic Ci4, they are out classed in every way by Daiwa's range, they just cant match it what ever they do.

cheers
TN

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

look at the pictures Slade and sweepfire side by side.....I dont think I am the only one seeing the difference. These reels are in the same price range. But anyway, I am done, I have put some pictures and I will let the others to comment.

I did not realize you are selling sweepfire. If I knew it earlier, I will not bother getting caught in this topic. Still I will get rid of my sweepfires as soon as I can.

:surrender: :surrender:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”