Daiwa Reel's

Fish-Hunter

Daiwa Reel's

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I recently upgraded my old Daiwa reels with some new Daiwa additions , not hard to guess am a Daiwa fisho -

Very impressive gear Daiwa Manufactures :thumbsup:

http://www.daiwafishing.com.au

TackleNut

Re: Daiwa Reel's

Post by TackleNut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:29 pm

MIKER wrote:I recently upgraded my old Daiwa reels with some new Daiwa additions , not hard to guess am a Daiwa fisho -

Very impressive gear Daiwa Manufactures :thumbsup:

http://www.daiwafishing.com.au

Miker,

So you going to leave us hanging ?
Or do we have to guess what you bought ?
Come on dude fess up what did you get ?
cheers
TN

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 pm

sweepfire :lolf: :lolf:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Fish-cador wrote:sweepfire :lolf: :lolf:
HI Earl,

Dude don't knock the Sweepfires, they are one of my best sellers, and that is something that I never thought I would say.

I don't know why but when I put up the Shimano Sienna for exactly the same price, they buy the Sweepfire. The Seinna is a 200%+ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: better reel but thems the breaks. Even struggled to sell some Pfluger Asaro's 40 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: at less $ than the Sweepfire 4000.
Again a totaly different league of reel but it keeps coming back to the name of Daiwa.
The buyer knows best.
They have nearly convinced me ! Nearly I said.

cheers
TN

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Sweepfire is a nice reel, smooth and looks nice. It looks nice but it is crap...the handle wobbles, it is loose and if you look at the exposed parts, they are all made of cheap plastic. No wonder the reel is cheap. It is disposable. :-D

I have sweepfire reels, 4 actually (2 x 4000 and 2 x 2500) (I found a bargain and grabbed the lot, $12 each delivered) - for Pier fishing when I dont care if my reels get dragged on the concrete and get scratched and in to the wet stuff. When I fish with a mate who dont give a s**t about my gear, I hand him over the Sweepfire. If you look at my tool box picture, the one on the left, front is a sweepfire 2500 spin reel. I put it there for photo ops. The rest of the eggbeaters are all Shimano reels. That sweepfire is no longer in the toolbox. I have replaced it with another shimano.

I wonder why Daiwa made that reel. It destroyed their image as quality reel manufacturer.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:34 pm

TackleNut wrote:you going to leave us hanging ?
Or do we have to guess what you bought ?
Come on dude fess up what did you get ?
cheers
TN
I got - 2 * Team Daiwa Tierra's 1500 & 1 * 3000 , 2 * Phantom J 4500 , 1 * Windcast 5500X , 1 * Saltist 6500H
Great reels , i've used many other brands in the past but Daiwa reels are my personal favourite .

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

MIKER wrote: I got - 2 * Team Daiwa Tierra's 1500 & 1 * 3000 , 2 * Phantom J 4500 , 1 * Windcast 5500X , 1 * Saltist 6500H
Great reels , i've used many other brands in the past but Daiwa reels are my personal favourite .
Miker, Nice reels those Daiwa Tierra's especially the great 1500 version, and in my most humle opinion at that price point they are a much better reel than what Shimano brings outs.
Fish Cador I have been a Shimano fan for years so don't jump up and down saying I am biased. Or is it Pfueger I like or Okuma, Penn, Abu ... man I can't decide, they all make nice reels. I even like Rovex Reels, I have fallen in love with the Rovex Duran and Silun Reels, I tried these out and have been suprised in a big way by the quality, and the Rovex Big Boss that is one Tough, Smooth, Great Drag and nearly unbreakable if used on the right size forthe fish.
I have 3 times the Shimano reels than I have Daiwa, but to me you can't go past the Digigear system that they use to keep tolerances down small and there for nice tight reel.

BUt Mike I got to say I haven't used the Windcast as I don't do much Surf Fishng these days, but when i used too I am sure that is one reel I would have been really looking at having.

Enjoy your quality reels,
cheers
TN

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:44 am

^^
I've owned several Shimano reels also through the years & they make great reels also , but i have always been a Daiwa fisho . Daiwa IMHO make great reels & i enjoy using their products the most :r .

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:03 pm

TN, I am fan of Daiwa. My first reels were Daiwa until they flew off the rails from St Kilda pier attached to something big and flat. I have Daiwa Zillion combo right now. I have 3 daiwa rods at the moment and 5 daiwa reels in total (4 of which are the crappy sweepfires)

There are a lot of good Daiwa reels. Excellent quality. I love my Daiwa baitcaster. However, as I mentioned before, I was surprised Daiwa realeased Sweepfire. I wonder why they took that step and put their name on the line with regards to quality. No one will ever make me buy that sweepfire reels for over $12, delivered. Waste of money if you are going to ask me if.

I love Shimano, never had issues. I will make my sweepfires disappear on my next fishing trip. I ran out of sinkers. :lolf:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm

^^
The Daiwa sweepfire is a entry level reel , most kids have limited pocket money & with the Daiwa sweepfire they can afford a cheap Daiwa reel . The sweepfire is made for a purpose & allows young & old to afford a Daiwa reel @ a bargin basement price , with some features reserved for only higher end Daiwa reels . :)

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”