Shimano Sahara

sidrx

Shimano Sahara

Post by sidrx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

No, not the damn reel!! :angry:

I've got a Shimano Sahara 6'6" 2piece (graphite) 3-5kg rod. I want information about this rod! I can't seem to find any further info about it! :evil:

Can anyone give a hand? and also what soft of sized jig head I should be using for casting and what lb line I should be casting with.

I currently have the rod with a Shimano Sienna 2500FD (spooled with 8lb braid) and they go very well together, I just don't know what sized jig head I should be using or what would be best to use it for!

Thanks in advanced!

keep_itsimple

Re: Shimano Sahara

Post by keep_itsimple » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Use should use the lightest jig head that will get to bottom and stay there or use the one to suit the area of water U wish to fish, what fish r u chasing

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Salmon, Whiting, Flatties, Pinkies, Squid, anything I can from a pier! But I'd like to get a decent sized salmon! Trying to stay away from baits also, but will be willing to use, if it gets me the mumma salmon I've been chasing.

I'll be doing a fair bit of fishing around Brighton, as I just moved and it's my local now.

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 pm

What plastics are u using

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm

I've got Gulp 4" jerk shad and squidgy wrigglers (I think), on a 1/8 nitro jig head. I have 1/16's but the wind is picking up over the next couple days, so they'll sleep in the tackle box.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”