New Spin Rod

Speedstick

Re: New Spin Rod

Post by Speedstick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Sounds like a good combo, I never used to bother with plastics and such till my brother got me into it, I bought a Ian miller shimano rack raider 3-5kg and use 10lb Finns braid, absolute blast
I can c u getting addicted its so easy no bait just stick it back in the car and off u go for the next spot
Happy fishing!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Kenworth wrote: Have been dabbling with the idea of getting into spin fishing , over my normal bait fishing for a while, so we will see how it goes over time.
you will never go back to bait fishing in the surf. you will be addicted to spinning.

I am also a newbie to spinning (sort off). This winter will only be my 3rd salmon season on spin gear. When I got my first salmon on SP, I did not look back. I still soak bait for snapper and bream but for salmon and flatties- lures only.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 am

Kenworth wrote: I love going down to my local fishing shop and spending money , I cant help it !
Seriously there is nothing better then buying new rods and reels, enjoy it and I hope it brings you lots of fish :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 am

Kenworth wrote:As I still have a couple of weeks holiday left ( 3 down , 2 to go ) , I went down to my local fishing store and got a new spin rod and reel combo , that I can play with.
8' graphite blank with a carbon tip , matched to a 4000 reel . 40 and 30g metal lures and some jigheads with 3" minnows to put on.
Took it down to gunnamatta yesterday arvo just to try it out , for size , didnt expect any fish as low tide but the mrs wanted a swim so a good chance to try it out.
gee its light ! , feels good and casts well .
Cant wait to try it out in earnest when conditions suit.
Have been dabbling with the idea of getting into spin fishing , over my normal bait fishing for a while, so we will see how it goes over time.
It sure feels nice to handle though :D
Nice one man...I sound like a broken record when I say to people "spin for salmon"...it`s the most fun you`ll have on the beach with your clothes on...it`s also incredibly effective. Way beats bait fishing..(sorry Vin..lol)
PS, look for a north easterly to northerly at Gunners for best conditions..

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 am

CarlG wrote:
Kenworth wrote:As I still have a couple of weeks holiday left ( 3 down , 2 to go ) , I went down to my local fishing store and got a new spin rod and reel combo , that I can play with.
8' graphite blank with a carbon tip , matched to a 4000 reel . 40 and 30g metal lures and some jigheads with 3" minnows to put on.
Took it down to gunnamatta yesterday arvo just to try it out , for size , didnt expect any fish as low tide but the mrs wanted a swim so a good chance to try it out.
gee its light ! , feels good and casts well .
Cant wait to try it out in earnest when conditions suit.
Have been dabbling with the idea of getting into spin fishing , over my normal bait fishing for a while, so we will see how it goes over time.
It sure feels nice to handle though :D

Nice one man...I sound like a broken record when I say to people "spin for salmon"...it`s the most fun you`ll have on the beach with your clothes on...it`s also incredibly effective. Way beats bait fishing..(sorry Vin..lol)
PS, look for a north easterly to northerly at Gunners for best conditions..
Thanks Mate ! I used to go down there a lot ( I lived in Frankston for 20 years + ) before I moved further north. looking to target a few evening sessions over the next couple of weeks , The Handbrake goes back to work on Monday , and takes the car , so mornings are out.

Might catch up with you one day down there ! :D
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”