New Spin Rod

Kenworth

New Spin Rod

Post by Kenworth » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 pm

As I still have a couple of weeks holiday left ( 3 down , 2 to go ) , I went down to my local fishing store and got a new spin rod and reel combo , that I can play with.
8' graphite blank with a carbon tip , matched to a 4000 reel . 40 and 30g metal lures and some jigheads with 3" minnows to put on.
Took it down to gunnamatta yesterday arvo just to try it out , for size , didnt expect any fish as low tide but the mrs wanted a swim so a good chance to try it out.
gee its light ! , feels good and casts well .
Cant wait to try it out in earnest when conditions suit.
Have been dabbling with the idea of getting into spin fishing , over my normal bait fishing for a while, so we will see how it goes over time.
It sure feels nice to handle though :D
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Rod Bender

Re: New Spin Rod

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Enjoy!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks Mate !
Mrs gave me a verbal belting for buying another rod and reel set . "whats wrong with the other 4 sets you have ? Not good enough ! " Ha Ha , I could see her eyes rolling backwards in her head in the fishing shop.
I love going down to my local fishing shop and spending money , I cant help it !

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Kenworth wrote:Thanks Mate !
Mrs gave me a verbal belting for buying another rod and reel set . "whats wrong with the other 4 sets you have ? Not good enough ! " Ha Ha , I could see her eyes rolling backwards in her head in the fishing shop.
I love going down to my local fishing shop and spending money , I cant help it !
I have heard of some women who will not let there man go into a tackle store unsupervised!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Gotta love a new rod n reel combo ( especially a forbidden one lol ).. Feels even better when it's christened for the first time haha
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Do you mind me asking what you actually bought? It's always interesting to see what other people are buying.

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:39 pm

shazzagraz wrote:Do you mind me asking what you actually bought? It's always interesting to see what other people are buying.
Sorry mate , I didnt bother going into specifics , Rods a Rovex Karbonite 8' 3-6kg and a Shimano Cazna 4000FA reel with a mono line.

Seems a nice combo , its super light , casts well , feels good.

Should be good for other applications as well .

Cheers Rick

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice... Had to Google the rod but it seems like a decent combo for the price! I bought a similar combo a few months ago... A 10' Silstar power tip rod with a 4000 size Shimano Sienna reel. Have only wet a line with it once, off princess pier... But am hoping to hit some beaches with it whenever my life allows.

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:32 pm

omg, my rod collection is getting out of control. I had given up buying shoes and spending money on girly stuff ages ago. after all, fishing gear is an investment isn't it? (in my blxxming house it is)

I might even get the rods and reels put in my coffin when I snuff it. :-)

Amanda

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:32 pm

shazzagraz wrote:Nice... Had to Google the rod but it seems like a decent combo for the price! I bought a similar combo a few months ago... A 10' Silstar power tip rod with a 4000 size Shimano Sienna reel. Have only wet a line with it once, off princess pier... But am hoping to hit some beaches with it whenever my life allows.
Same sort of setup mate , I cant wait to get into it properly over the next 2 weeks.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”