Abu Garcia Veritas

Deejay

Abu Garcia Veritas

Post by Deejay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

G'day all,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Abu Garcia Veritas rods. I love the sound of them, and I've always loved their reels, but the reviews on AGs site are very polarized. Users seem split about 50/50 on loving or hating them. Apparently there is an inherent weakness resulting in a swag of rod breaks. Anyone using these rods, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers
DJ (aka Ray) :set1_fishing:
Cheers Ray (aka DJ)
0422 63 64 65 - always interested in hitting PPB or WB with anyone fishing in a yak.

"it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Abu Garcia Veritas

Post by CarlG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Agree with you on the reels Ray, still got a few old 7000`s and a couple of 6500`s..My favourite all time surf rod was my Dad`s old 484 fibreglass...what a fishing rod..
Don`t know about the Veritas though mate, sorry..

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Awsome rod I had 2 piece 7,2 could cast a mile with a 3g spinner the only reason mine broke old mans **** head mate dropped the air compressor on it n broke it in 3 spots.. so waiting for the idiot to replace it :/
But gf got me shimano starlox 3kg for xmas I know it was hell of a lot cheaper but just as good, id rarther use the starlo over the abu
The Dirty Oar

SIKKO_X2

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm

i have a 7'6" 2 piece veritas that i have coupled to my stradic ci4 2500, its a great rod, can cast a mile and is very light and responsive. I have broken shimano graphite rods in the past which is just something that happens with graphite rods when treated incorrectly, no matter what brand.

i would definately recommend the veritas. the action is great as well as having a lot of power in the butt section in the event that i hook upto something larger, such as a pinkie snapper while targeting flatties

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm sure i had a Abu Garci spinning rod and reel years ago. Was a great rod and reel from what i remember, although I lost it somewhere along the years ? .
With the graphite rods, I remember years ago a topic on these , being realy bad conductors in bad weather (lightning). Causing a few people to be electrocuted by the 'Graphite lightning rod' while fishing using the graphite rods. I haven't seen as many rod or reels in graphite these days , I don't know if this is the reason ?, or maybe just the materials used nowerdays are better anyway ? .
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

SIKKO_X2

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 am

Most rods now adays are graphite. I've also heard of people being electrocuted in electrical storms while using them, this can be easily fixed by using fiberglass rods when lightning is about

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Deejay

Post by Deejay » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am

Wow...thanks for the responses blokes. Its that super lite tip that gets me excited with the Veritas rods. I can just see a lot of fun hooking almost anything with such a lite and responsive (looking) tip, specially on a super lite rig. I'll be adding one to my next birthday wishlist for the wife's benefit I think. And in the mean time I may just go have a look at that Shimano that Jake mentioned.

again, thanks for the thoughts.

cheers
DJ (aka Ray) :fishing:
Cheers Ray (aka DJ)
0422 63 64 65 - always interested in hitting PPB or WB with anyone fishing in a yak.

"it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”