Friday morning...Gunners beckons..

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Friday morning...Gunners beckons..

Post by raco09 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 pm

CarlG wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Just got back from works function, had my dinner, and am now heading back down to the Gun...conditions still look sensational...will report in later..
Carl any chance you are having just to much fun down there :lolf:

Photos would be nice this time around
Lol...no such thing as too much fun mate...seriously, there are tons of fish there if your prepared to go and look for the buggers.. I went down tonight and scored 9 or 10 in two hours fishing, came back along and talked to a few bait fish`s who`d caught nothing..get yourself a surf spinning rod, 4000 size reel, a couple of spare lures and some leader, and off you go...it could`t be much easier really could it..?
Well done Carl. If I was closer I would of come back and joined you for another session. Some more bait would of been good. :D
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm

you guys suck!. :bat: :bat: :bat:

I was in Londy 730PM with my big boss and conditions were perfect! Unable to fish though. Tired after a trip to 12 Apostles then crossed the bay from Queenscliff to Sorrento.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Fish-cador wrote:you guys suck!. :bat: :bat: :bat:

I was in Londy 730PM with my big boss and conditions were perfect! Unable to fish though. Tired after a trip to 12 Apostles then crossed the bay from Queenscliff to Sorrento.
Bahahaha :lol:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:10 am

raco09 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Just got back from works function, had my dinner, and am now heading back down to the Gun...conditions still look sensational...will report in later..
Carl any chance you are having just to much fun down there :lolf:

Photos would be nice this time around
Lol...no such thing as too much fun mate...seriously, there are tons of fish there if your prepared to go and look for the buggers.. I went down tonight and scored 9 or 10 in two hours fishing, came back along and talked to a few bait fish`s who`d caught nothing..get yourself a surf spinning rod, 4000 size reel, a couple of spare lures and some leader, and off you go...it could`t be much easier really could it..?
Well done Carl. If I was closer I would of come back and joined you for another session. Some more bait would of been good. :D
She-ite..if I`d known you wanted more bait I`d have kept a few last night...buggeration....if I get a chance tonight, I`ll pop down and see if luck holds..(IE if the sambos haven`t done a runner)..maybe a big ask though, doing stumps all day today...eeuurrgghhh...

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:11 am

Fish-cador wrote:you guys suck!. :bat: :bat: :bat:

So that`s what they mean by having your cake and eating it...or rather not eating it in your case mate... :tongue:

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 pm

CarlG wrote:
So that`s what they mean by having your cake and eating it...or rather not eating it in your case mate... :tongue:
I have pictures, you don't.
:haha2: :haha2:
from 8AM - 9AM today - gunners, first rock. Arrived in gunners 645AM today and had my first cast 7AM right in front of the stairs. My 4th cast was inhaled by a salmon close to a kilo but nothing after a dozen or more casts. I gave the fish to the old guys soaking bait and I walked towards the Cape S casting along the way. Saw 2 guys casting lures. They were obviously newbies to spinning as their lures just ended up meters from the wash but they also caught some to 500grams. Good work for newbies. :clap: :thumbsup:

as soon as I arrived close to the first rock at 8AM, I landed one about a kilo. It was caught close to the wash. Parked my heavy gear and brought out the light gear. Good decision - good fun on light gear. Droppped a lot, killed 15 (one was taken back by the wash while I was washing the sand off, one given away). Caught over 20 in less than 1 hour. Small ones lived to tell the tale :super: :super: Good 1 hour action. :super:

Then a surfer told me that while he was paddling on the other side of the rock, he saw some nice fish. Picked up the heavy gear and went to the other side. First cast - hit but no hook up. Second cast, snagged on the rocks! :angry: oops, not really, it took lines FISH!. I remember what I said "holy S**T, what is this?" Big run, rod bent like a letter L. Then it jumped "holy "C**P" BIGGGG :whoh: :whoh: :fish11: It was black and I thought it was a small tuna but I knew it was a salmon - dark and round. I got it close to the beach and it jumped again. :whoh: :whoh: :fish11: :fish11: :fish11: then $%%^&* F***&^% :cussing: I have seen and caught a lot of big salmon. I can estimate a salmon's weight just by looking at it and I put the one that got away to about 4kg. No bull...it was the biggest salmon I have ever seen alive :fish11: . I guess the reason why it grew so big was that no one can catch that bugger!

Tide changed to low and fish disappeared. Was back in the car at 10AM. Nice short session. The drive was longer than fishing.
Attachments
20121208_133039.jpg
20121208_133039.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 413 times
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Good work FC...pleased to see someone else get onto them...

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:47 pm

CarlG wrote:Good work FC...pleased to see someone else get onto them...
only those who try gets the booty. :tongue: Looks like this week's weather forecast will keep us away from the surf. smh
====
Words of wisdom:
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
only those who try gets the booty. :tongue: Looks like this week's weather forecast will keep us away from the surf. smh
Yeah, good times over for a bit...just hope the buggers hang around for a while yet mate..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Yeah, good times over for a bit...just hope the buggers hang around for a while yet mate..
stop bringing them home. :tongue: Let them settle down and think the place is safe then we crash the party. :lol:

If I landed that big one, I will camp in Gunners until next april and submit the fish in the salmon comp. :roflmao: :roflmao: , man that was big. :angry: :snap:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”