Friday morning...Gunners beckons..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Friday morning...Gunners beckons..

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:Good work FC...pleased to see someone else get onto them...
only those who try gets the booty. :tongue: Looks like this week's weather forecast will keep us away from the surf. smh
Yeah, good times over for a bit...just hope the buggers hang around for a while yet mate..
stop bringing them home. :tongue: Let them settle down and think the place is safe then we crash the party. :lol:

If I landed that big one, I will camp in Gunners until next april and submit the fish in the salmon comp. :roflmao: :roflmao: , man that was big. :angry: :snap:
Mate, several times I`ve told the story of fishing at the far side of those rocks with Jase about three months ago, casting out, a sambo picked up the lure, rocketed 40mtrs, shook the hell out of the lure, ran another 40mtrs, jumped and spat the lure...I never got one inch of line back on him..only time thats ever happened to me...sobering experience..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I lost the big one meters from my feet. It jumped and pfft! lure out! we will get them sooner or later. Will you settle for second price again? LOL
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I lost the big one meters from my feet. It jumped and pfft! lure out! we will get them sooner or later. Will you settle for second price again? LOL
Thats either second place or second prize...and, er, where did you finish on the leader board mate?... :tongue:
Yeah..I`m desperate to land a 2.5-3kg one mate...starting to do my head in now...it`s at the point where I`m not even vaguely bothered when I lose 1-1.5kg fish at the shore break anymore, `cos usually they just go back in anyway..

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:Good work FC...pleased to see someone else get onto them...
only those who try gets the booty. :tongue: Looks like this week's weather forecast will keep us away from the surf. smh
Yeah, good times over for a bit...just hope the buggers hang around for a while yet mate..
stop bringing them home. :tongue: Let them settle down and think the place is safe then we crash the party. :lol:

If I landed that big one, I will camp in Gunners until next april and submit the fish in the salmon comp. :roflmao: :roflmao: , man that was big. :angry: :snap:
Mate, several times I`ve told the story of fishing at the far side of those rocks with Jase about three months ago, casting out, a sambo picked up the lure, rocketed 40mtrs, shook the hell out of the lure, ran another 40mtrs, jumped and spat the lure...I never got one inch of line back on him..only time thats ever happened to me...sobering experience..
So can we hit that spot next time Carl??? Im keen to catch a big sambo after fridays session. lol :D
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Good stuff FC. Job well done. Enjoy your fish mate. Did you keep some as bait for me?? :tongue: And by the way you suck. lol.. :lol: :lol: :haha2:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

FAR OUT GUYS FANTASTIC EFFORT!!! All involved well done :clap: :clap:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Linc

Post by Linc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 pm

And here I was thinking gunners was only good for salmon during the winter months. I guess that's coz it's the only place you hear about during winter with the lack of snapper. Well done fellas!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:FAR OUT GUYS FANTASTIC EFFORT!!! All involved well done :clap: :clap:
good things come to those who persevere. I walked 2 km before I found the fish. Next time, come fish with us but dont bring a banana. :lol: :banana:
raco09 wrote: Did you keep some as bait for me?? :tongue: :
Did you place an order? :dontknow
CarlG wrote: Thats either second place or second prize...and, er, where did you finish on the leader board mate?... :tongue:
Yeah..I`m desperate to land a 2.5-3kg one mate...starting to do my head in now...it`s at the point where I`m not even vaguely bothered when I lose 1-1.5kg fish at the shore break anymore, `cos usually they just go back in anyway..
Dont you think occassional winter anglers like me, fishing once a week at most, are in a very disadvantaged position when an entrant to the comp like you fishes twice a day? I did not weigh my fish in the shop as I didn't want you to miss out on the Daiwa Saliga combo. :tongue: Have you caught one on that new gear or did you sell it in eBay?
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Lol....and he has a bite....
Nah mate, I`m very proud of that combo, Kat has used it a couple of times now, and its always a backup..and yep, your correct, I did put a lot of time into that comp..as did a lot of other people..but in my defence, it is the first fishing comp I`ve ever taken part in..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 am

CarlG wrote:Lol....and he has a bite....
Nah mate, I`m very proud of that combo, Kat has used it a couple of times now, and its always a backup..and yep, your correct, I did put a lot of time into that comp..as did a lot of other people..but in my defence, it is the first fishing comp I`ve ever taken part in..
there will be another comp to start in 4 months. I will try to join next year's comp if I will survive 21-12-2012. :lolf:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”