Alvey users post your collection

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Alvey users post your collection

Post by saph » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 pm

This is for all fellow alvey reel users i want to see your collection, i would post mine up but its been reduced back to a few reels since low cash income sucks anyways post up what you got.

What my collection used to be like Image

Many years of their reels and it got to the point i had more alvey reels then normal reels since i enjoy them that much.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: Alvey users post your collection

Post by April Fool » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 am

It appears as though there are not that many fellow Alvey users here. There was a very active member here but I am not sure if he checks out the forum nowadays. I had a few Alveys about 30 years ago. I don't remember much about them. If they weren't stolen I may still have them.

You often hear about line twist issues. Do you deal with this easily? When retrieving line do you have to guide the line with your fingers to get an even line lay? Besides what I see as a few issues, there is no doubt they are tough reels and have thier place.
Cheers
Jim

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Alvey users post your collection

Post by saph » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:09 pm

April Fool wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 am

You often hear about line twist issues. Do you deal with this easily? When retrieving line do you have to guide the line with your fingers to get an even line lay? Besides what I see as a few issues, there is no doubt they are tough reels and have thier place.
Cheers
Jim
Never had issues with line twist and it guides itself nicely back on.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”